Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone even looks at this section, but if you SportTouring.net folks ever get around this way, post your current and previous rides as well as what you consider essential mods for comfy touring.

M.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi There..... I Just noticed this Section...

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Well since i have been doing some nice long rides on my friends VFR.. i had to show a little love for the sport touring people out there

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just did a good 320 mile ride today on my fzr. Friend came along on his gix 6. That was fun.

I really don't see why anyone would need more than sport touring tires for the street. We were doing some pretty crazy stuff in the mountains and my D220s held up fine... Bragging rights?

·
Registered
878 Posts
ah yeah, I'm a

--- sport tourer.

Last weekend I rode to Ontario Canada from Southeast WI for lunch. 1450miles from friday night to Sunday afternoon.

3 weeks before that I rode to and from Deal's Gap - 4 days - 1800 miles - over 400 rain miles.

2 weeks before that I rode to and from Corbin, KY to ride around there. That was another 1800 miles in 4 days. A bunch of rain miles and a few hail miles and rode through many counties while they had a tornado warning. That was an 'adventure'.

I managed to put on 36000 miles last year between the FZ1 and SV650S.

How about you guys? Where've you all been riding to?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Planning to take the new high speed lake ferry from Milwaukee to MI and circle up through the UP and back down in early August. Should be fun. If anyone has some cool roads or sights they have encountered doing the L Michigan circle tour, let me know.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
my current "sport tour" ride is a 1996 Triumph Sprint. The Corbin seat was a nice addition.

We did a nice loop up through northern VT at the end of June.

Plans for riding include (another) trip to Europe this fall. The Alps, Dolomites, and Black Forest will all be included.

Gotta love that Stelvio Pass :)

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tweak said:
Planning to take the new high speed lake ferry from Milwaukee to MI and circle up through the UP and back down in early August. Should be fun. If anyone has some cool roads or sights they have encountered doing the L Michigan circle tour, let me know.

Make sure you hit up M-22 just north of Manistee. Good road with lots of curves and much elevation change. Good view of Lk. MI and surrounding areas. Haven't ridden the ferry yet, but sounds cool. Have fun!

Also, riding out on Mission Point in Traverse City is pretty cool. Lots of orchards and vineyards with both bays on either side of the road. Can't go too bongo, but a nice ride. I'll be in Madison the first week of August with no bike, ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Oh well. :cry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the tips Beest. I used to date a girl who lived in South Haven so I know how nice the scenery can be along the west shore. Love the orchards in the spring.

Too bad about not having your bike in Madtown. Lots of good roads in the hills sw of there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well, I ran into Fred (owner of SBN) at our local bike night last night and he told me about this ST section here. I used to be a member of SBN back in the day, I haven’t been around here for a while, obviously longer than I though since I couldn’t log in and had to re-register. I think I had over 3000 posts on my old account.

Anyway, I digress… I tour on a 954RR and I’m also a member of ST.N. :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Yea, that someone must be way cool :hail :D

Nice to see you on here :dblthumb
This someone I'm thinking of once went into a motorcycle dealership and scared all the salespeople by asking "Hey, where are all your SV's?"

:lol See, it just doesn't sound scary or intimidating unless you say it.

On the subject of sport touring -- I'm running a rally in IN this weekend, then I'm riding down to Deal's gap. After riding aroud there I'm going to wander west to AR and ride around the Ozarks for a couple days. Then I'll come home, hopefully by 10-3. That's Crud Run day -- can't miss that.

Later

·
Registered
404 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
On the subject of sport touring -- I'm running a rally in IN this weekend, then I'm riding down to Deal's gap. After riding aroud there I'm going to wander west to AR and ride around the Ozarks for a couple days. Then I'll come home, hopefully by 10-3. That's Crud Run day -- can't miss that.
Have fun on your ride. I’ll be doing the crud run too, hopefully it won’t snow like it did in the spring. Brian and I are heading to AR for 5 days over Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will be at least in the 50’s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts