Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My congressional representative here in NJ is Chris Smith - a moderate Republican. He's been in office for 20 or so years in a pretty solidly Republican area of NJ. But this year, there's a pretty good chance that the district may flip to Democrat. Even the National Democratic party machine is willing to throw some money this way to try to unseat Smith. I'm thinking of volunteering for the challenger - whomever that may be.

Anyone here worked on a political campaign? Was it worth it? Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
My congressional representative here in NJ is Chris Smith - a moderate Republican. He's been in office for 20 or so years in a pretty solidly Republican area of NJ. But this year, there's a pretty good chance that the district may flip to Democrat. Even the National Democratic party machine is willing to throw some money this way to try to unseat Smith. I'm thinking of volunteering for the challenger - whomever that may be.

Anyone here worked on a political campaign? Was it worth it? Etc. Etc.
I haven’t, but I’ve thought about. Good for you. That’s motivating.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Yes, back in 1980, I volunteered briefly for George HW Bush's primary campaign in New Hampshire. The GOP has gone completely haywire since then. I have also participated in local Democratic caucuses more recently. I supported Wesley Clark in 2004, and if he had gotten delegates, I might have been one of them. I don't have a whole lot of time to do that kind of thing, but if the right candidate came along at the right time, I would certainly consider volunteering.

·
Premium Member
13,452 Posts
Ive worked on two of them. Doing phones was absolutely terrific. You basically have a list of people who are likely voters and just kind of remind them of the importance of voting. You get all kinds of responces and sometimes engage in some really good coversations. Ive also walked precincts. Ieven once ran for political office myself...and got elected, too.

So, yes, working on campaigns is well worth the effort. And you learn alot, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts