Sport Bikes banner

Anyone with a louder horn?. I need one

5K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  jazzcatt 
#1 ·
if there is someone with a mod for the horn, please help, sometime when someone is about to cut you off I likely use the horn, but people seem not ear it, although we know that some cagers are blind, deaf, carelss about us etc(no disrespect to anyone here ok)
So if you happen to know about an easy mod for this problem please give me a hand.
The only mod I have done so far is the gel pad in the seat, it works great.
Thanks everyone.

#3 ·
Was just peeking over the wiring diagram on the manual and it looks like its juts a 12V horn so I would think you could try getting a loader air horn from a automotive store and see if that may work better, I have hear people do this with there trucks due to the sound quality.

#4 ·
fz6yamaha said:
if there is someone with a mod for the horn, please help, sometime when someone is about to cut you off I likely use the horn, but people seem not ear it, although we know that some cagers are blind, deaf, carelss about us etc(no disrespect to anyone here ok)
So if you happen to know about an easy mod for this problem please give me a hand.
The only mod I have done so far is the gel pad in the seat, it works great.
Thanks everyone.

Look for FIAMM brand horns. That is what BMW uses and they are loud, especially if you use a pair of them. One high range one low range. Get the low range horn if you are going to use only one. Lots of places such as PEP boys sell them.

#6 ·
04Fizzer said:
I've always wanted to put an airhorn on a bike just to see the looks on people's faces when they cut you off and you hit that horn.
Just be sure to warn the guys who are inspecting it.

Inspection? What is that?
:lao

#7 ·
inspection?

Sir, thank you for inspecting my motorcycle to ensure my safety...

Please overlook the fact that my exhaust is a baffle-less canister, I have no catalytic converter, my rear license plate is angled up right under the tail section, my flush mount turn signals in the front are not visible to on comming traffic, my rear signals are too close together, my LED tail light w/ clear lens is too bright and I have no rear side reflectors.

Oh, and did I mention, I have a 185 decible Peterbilt air horn tucked up under the fairing...:lol

#8 ·
I think I need one of these just to see the cagers looking around "??? did *that* just come from from that motorcycle I almost ran over??"

#12 ·
I'm sure our Fabrication boys will find a way.. :)

#16 ·
For the record, I also just installed a Fiamm Low Tone Freeway Horn. They're only $15 at http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=17137&cat=0&page=1 I'm not sure that it's 132db, but it's at least up into the small car class and much louder than the stock horn. I had to forgo the stock horn's rubber mount as this horn's mounting bolt is a tad shorter than needed, but they also supply a bracket that easily bolts in lieu of the existing horn bracket. Their instructions are also a bit confusing, since one says "just mount it and connect in lieu of your existing horn", while another set of paper says you should feed this from a relay. I took the easy way out, and no fuse has fried (yet?).

#17 ·
Jim Karam said:
For the record, I also just installed a Fiamm Low Tone Freeway Horn. They're only $15 at http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=17137&cat=0&page=1 I'm not sure that it's 132db, but it's at least up into the small car class and much louder than the stock horn. I had to forgo the stock horn's rubber mount as this horn's mounting bolt is a tad shorter than needed, but they also supply a bracket that easily bolts in lieu of the existing horn bracket. Their instructions are also a bit confusing, since one says "just mount it and connect in lieu of your existing horn", while another set of paper says you should feed this from a relay. I took the easy way out, and no fuse has fried (yet?).
:needpics

#19 ·
Yes, Pic's and Sound Clip if possible

#20 ·
Hmmm. :confused: The link has a picture, and it mounts just like the stock horn, albeit on its own bracket, because of the thickness of the rubber mount on the stock bracket. Unfortunately, I've shut everything else down for a ten day trip, so a true photo will have to come later.

As far as loudness, I don't know much more to say than it sounds like a small car, i.e., only one tone, but it's definitely louder than stock.

#21 ·
#22 ·
From reading the various JC Whitney specs, this Fiaam is a couple of bucks cheaper from Aerostich, and at least has the highest claimed spec, i.e., 132 db.

#23 ·
i want to put a pair of airhorns on my bike

#26 ·
link doesnt work for me. but i bet they were the biggest ones that JCW sells. id like to, but for some reason i think foot long horns mounted on the side will look out of place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.