Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my dad has a 2004 GS500F and he's looking to pick up a pitbull trailer restraint for our enclosed trailer. I have one for my Duc and I ABSOLUTELY love it, however, in order to craft for for the GS500, pitbull requires that I fill out a measurement sheet. Here at home I don't have the tools required to get an accurate measurements as apparently they have fairly low tolerances on what they require.

I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to get me the measurements off of one of their bikes? Having these measurements sent into pitbull will also benefit the GS500 community as a whole as they'll be able to produce restraints for anyone who wants one for their bike.

If anyone is interested, this is how the restraint system works

The measurement sheet is attached, I believe since this bike is a solid axle, so options A and B confuse me. Instead of having a pin that goes through the axle, they create a cup that goes around the bolt on the outside, so I guess this would be option F.

I'd like to thank everyone that helps out in advance, once I email these measurements to pitbull, they'll make these possible to purchase as they'll be able to mass produce them. Since apparently I'm the first to ask for one of these for a GS500 they're asking me for the measurements, and as I already mentioned, I don't have the tools to get such accurate readings required for fabrication.

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
You might want to email them in the interim to confirm that measurement F is the right one for the solid axle. This is the main reason I didn't get this system, it ends up being pretty bike-specific for my purposes. Honestly, though, it looks like all you need is a caliper and a straight edge to get those numbers - under $10 at Harbor Freight, and even a cheap plastic caliper is handy to have around.

KeS

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually called them today to confirm a couple of the measurements and the guy who deals with fabricating them won't be in till Monday. I'll look around for some tools in the meantime

1 - 3 of 3 Posts