Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up mine sometime soon but I'm curious to know how hard is it to put your bike in the bed? I am going to need a b***** ramp. Maybe an ATV ramp or something? Anyone got any tips for easy loading into a big truck?

·
Registered
108 Posts
or you can go to home depot, buy a ramp end kit and two long/wide pressure treated boards and make your own for about $50 ... i load a zx9r into the back of my ram 1500 4x4 quad cab by myself with them .... and I'm a 5'5" shorty :-D

I could measure my boards if you want, i forget how long i cut em, but you have to make sure they are long enough not to drag the lower fairing on the tailgate due to too much angle when the front tire goes into the truck.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Damn, that is one BIG ASS ramp. So, where do you put it at after you load the bikes up?

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Makin one is nice & convenient, but these ramps are really easy to use. They are wide enough for you to ride the bike into the truck, & you have enough room to keep your feet planted on the ramp for balance. Not to mention that they are made out of aluminum & weigh about 20/25lbs.
It folds in 1/2 & stores in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hmmm ... putting your foot down while riding a bike up that thing looks like a good way to get a toe caught and break your ankle/ dump your bike to me ... also, even it folds in half, how do you store it in the back of the truck with your bike in there without it messin up your bike or taking all the remaining room in the bed up??? I'll stick with my home-made ramps thanks. But thats just me ... to each there own i always say.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I bought my ZX-6 I used an ATV ramp to load the bike into the back of my FX4. They were the standard length ramps and worked fine except that I either had to get the back of the truck lower, or the front higher. If I didn't the lower fairing might have drug. My truck is a 4WD with larger than stock tires so it sits pretty high, a 2WD truck might not have this problem. Longer ramps are available, but I bumed these from a friend so I can't complain. Whatever you get make sure that the ramps can be attached to the bumper/reciever of the truck. This will prevent the ramp from falling off of the back of the truck with you on it.

On a side note check out F-150 Online for lots of tips and tricks for your truck. But be careful, the mod bug likes to bite people there.

Joe

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe, I'm on that site. I have been a member since 12-16-2002 and still have ZERO posts. haha

Thanks for the tips guys.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've an '05 F-150 and it's pretty easy to load the bikes. I use two non-folding ramps: 18' x 96" and 2.5" of arc. I fabricated two clamps to hold the two together while I load the bikes. This way I can load by myself.

Does your R6 only ride in street trim? If so, I would recommend a ramp with atleast 2" of arc. With my old straight ATV ramp, both my R6 (in street trim)and my 748 wanted to touch.

Anyhow, I got mine from Marietta Motorsports for $89.00 each and the harware for the clamps cost $11.

I hpe this helped.

B

·
Registered
123 Posts
EndoChic said:
Joe, I'm on that site. I have been a member since 12-16-2002 and still have ZERO posts. haha

Thanks for the tips guys.
Holy hell 2 1/2 years and 0 posts, and I thought that I was lazy about typing. I go by Wookie over there and post sometimes if I feel like typing a reply. What do you go by there, so that I can put the two people together, if your lazy ass ever gets around to posting.

I gotta go to bed, I am waaay too drunk to be typing, this shit is making me dissey.

Joe

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
just hire me as your bike loader....

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i can't imagine anything hotter than you driving that truck with the bike in back

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
f2benny said:
i can't imagine anything hotter than you driving that truck with the bike in back
i can think of a few things.... :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Smokin' Joe said:
Holy hell 2 1/2 years and 0 posts, and I thought that I was lazy about typing. I go by Wookie over there and post sometimes if I feel like typing a reply. What do you go by there, so that I can put the two people together, if your lazy ass ever gets around to posting.

I gotta go to bed, I am waaay too drunk to be typing, this shit is making me dissey.

Joe
I'm "Kristin" over there. I found another F150 forum and I got a ton of info off of there. http://www.fordf150.net/forums/index.php

1 - 17 of 17 Posts