Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble driving at night and went to the DOC who said I'm -1 and -1.25. I think I will get some glasses to drive the bike at night and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good frame that won't move and fall off from moving my head and be stable and at the same time. Thanks.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
I had to get glasses on my 30th birthday :spank

Sucked....

dunno what frames I have...got some light weights and some rigids and boh function well in the helmet

The padding holds them still

The only issue I have is in the cold they fog up at a stoplight

Hence why I rarely wear them in the cold.....I need glasses to see further than 100 yrds so it's not a big deal if I don't wear them.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I wear glasses (not required for driving) but gave up wearing them riding. Mine are bifocals and the distortion when turning my head to look over my shoulder was too much. I found that what mattered was the frame/helmet combination and how it all fit your head. Find frames that "hug" your face and don't stick out too much for starters and see how they feel with your helmet.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I wear glasses. I don't think it matters what frame you get. Just put the helmet on and shove your glasses on the padding. It works.

·
Registered
584 Posts
yeah, it's not that hard. I have flex "wires" and I don't even feel them, even with a helmet on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I used to wear glasses. Jus some lighweight wire-frame type. SEars has a special going on right now (2 for $98) in their optical department

Since I got lasik, have been glasses free.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've worn my glasses with my helmet. I don't think they are anything special (the frames), just a simple metal wire type.

99.9% of the time I just wear my contact lenses... much easier to wear and I can put on sunglasses then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried to and only successfully did so, once. My frames are paper thin flat so I couldn't quite get them in my ears with the padding in the way. When I did try to just place them, it vibrated too much. Since then, I've worn contacts. Less hassle when taking off or putting on your helmet, too.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've worn glasses since I was four years old. They don't pose any problem at all under a helmet. Just make sure you don't get frames that stick out too far from your face. In fact, I took my helmet with me last time and tried on glasses while wearing the helmet.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I too wear my glasses under my helmet. It's the best way to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was having a hard time with adjusting my glasses with a full face helmet on, so I went out and picked up a HJC Symax with the flip up face and it's great.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
When I had glasses (lost both pair in the past 6 months) I wore them under my helmet. No problems. Whenever I would fit myself for a helmet, I made sure I could fit my glasses in with ease.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i wear my glasses at all times. i can't see 10 feet in front of me without them so it would be like riding blind if i couldn't fit my glasses under my helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts