Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.. I'm looking at a Fieldsheer Eiffel, the thing is freaking huge.

Do you get all kinds of extra/weird turbulence with it on the hwy.?

I use the stock windscreen and cruise around 85-90.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I dont see why you would, anything under the windscreen is free from turbulence really. Have you ever got right down on the tank doing about 90? Almost all the wind disappears and all you can hear is the engine.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I've got an Icon Urban and can't even imagine using anything b*****. It's not particularly tall, but I still hit it with my helment when I try to tuck under full acceleration. Makes it hard to hold the front end down in a W.O.T. launch.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I've got a pretty big tankbag (I forget the brand), and have never had problems with the height. You have to get really tall for it to stick up in the wind blast. If it's wide, with side pockets, you can get some interference with the handlebars. That's usually only a problem with slow-speed tight turns, though.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have the Cortech bag, and it's tall enough to obscure the instruments when expanded. At cruising speed, I can rest my chin on it, and still have a good view of the road. It's wide enough to tr***** the horn or the hazard lights in parking lot maneuvers (embarrassing), but other than that I've had no problems. I haven't noticed any change in turbulence.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
killernoodle said:
I dont see why you would, anything under the windscreen is free from turbulence really. Have you ever got right down on the tank doing about 90? Almost all the wind disappears and all you can hear is the engine.
I'm a bit too tall/arms too long to do that on the FZ6. Yeah, I should start taking Yoga. :rolleyes

So being tall I already have a bit too much buffeting- I want to try the tall screen at some point. It doesn't sound like a bag will make it any worse though.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Mine is a Held tankbag. I forget how many litres it holds. Here is pic of it almost fully extended. It is stable even at 100+ mph.

Attachments

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
damn!!!! do you need a booster seat to see over that bag?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
redoliander said:
damn!!!! do you need a booster seat to see over that bag?

No, but the instument pod is hard to see in the normal seating position. I have to lean forward a little to see how fast I am going. I love the bag and what it will hold so I will put up with it blocking the instruments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts