Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, anyone used a escrow service to buy a bike car etc.? Do you recamend a company in particular, anything to look for..?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
What are you buying?

The money pit will be on E- bay tomorow night.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I'm looking for a couple Bombardier Outlander 4 by's. There is some company in the UK www.motocorsa.net that is selling most all brands for quite cheap. 1000RR Repsol for $9000. I made some posts in forums with a bunch of members in the UK to see if anyone know of them or if they can stop by their listed address. I'm a big skeptic for this sort of thing, but if its real I can't pass up such a great deal. they want $3500 less with shipping/taxes/duties etc. for the 2 quads than the local dealer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my mind set on the outlanders, at least for camping/exploring rigs, but remember When I said I'm waiting for the big "aprilia"/ rotax 1000 twin. They are not there yet, but I never realized how many makers have big twins already in quads. Polaris with the 800 V-twin, kawasaki has several large twins, one 700 or 750 sport quad with the v motor, Suzuki has a few... I bet it won't be long until Bombardier fits the big 1000 rotax in a chassis like the DS650. That would be a fun ride!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldnt trust it ! My friend was gonna do the same thing you are , buy quads form over seas.
ITS A SCAM !!!

PS: Post a thread after you get scamed , and tell us what NOT to do !

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BentValve said:
Keep in mind that there are fake Escrow services as well that guys will set up just to take your money.
I'd definitely use the service of my choice. I'm pretty sure my bank will do it for a small extra fee. My old bank in MN did it. If they don't get any money until I tell my bank I'm happy with the merchandise I don't see a problem... But I can be blind from time to time. Thats why I'm talking here to pick other peoples brains for input.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
There was a kid that lived next door to me in BigLake that had a DS 650 and that thing would fly.

On another note
I came up on a dirt bike laying in the middle of the Parks and The Palmer Wasilla this afternoon.It looked like he tried to cross the road and got T-boned by a truck.There was no bodys when i got there but from talking around town,it sounds like the kid and the driver of the truck were killed.It was also said that there was a passenger on the bike as well.If you get a chance tomorow look in the paper to see what happened.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It always freaks me out seeing 2 kids on dirtbikes neither with helmets, you see it all the time here. 4 wheelers too, but they are a little more rider friendly.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've never used an Eskrow service personally but if I were you, I wouldn't do it dude. . . Unless you can talk them into using the Eskrow service of your choice.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the quads from a dealer in the states... This is a copy of the UK company's reply:

Good morning,

If your order will be higher then 5 units we may use such service.

You are the first customer who asked us to use this method and because of that we want to chose a local escrow company. If you agree let know us and we will forward with this transaction.

Kind Regards,
Sales Dept.
Motocorsa Limited

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Don't you just love those type of replies? Like you're the first person who's ever wanted to make a safe transaction. I really like when they want to split the shipping costs with you to!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts