Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to South Carolina in August to watch my son play football. He plays for a Semi-pro team in Greenville. (he has aspirations of going Pro some day) I havent been able to see him or a game in two years, so I decided that I would take a ride from Florida to SC to see him play. Plans are to spend the night there or head back after the game and catch a KOA somewhere along the way home. It's 500 miles from my front door to his hometown, so that will be quite a ride on the XB, but all worth it. Anyone interested in tagging along and catching a good football game?
Nick

·
Registered
58 Posts
dates??

There's a guy StarCheck from here who keeps saying he wants to do an Iron Butt ride. I'd be up for it, but I ain't staying at no KOA. My idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn. :eatpop

Message me or post up on the dates. Who's buying the margaritas?? :beer

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
GSXRGRRL said:
There's a guy StarCheck from here who keeps saying he wants to do an Iron Butt ride. I'd be up for it, but I ain't staying at no KOA. My idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn. :eatpop

Message me or post up on the dates. Who's buying the margaritas?? :beer
You and them margaritas.... :rolleyes

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hell....I guess I could do a Holiday Inn :beer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Kampgrounds of America. That means tents and sleeping bags. I think they have talked me into staying at a hotel so I can buy a round of drinks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kamikaze_R6 said:
Good luck with that ride man.
I have done 800 miles in one day on the Buell. From Vegas to SanDiego and back non stop. That wasn't bad except it was COLD! I hurt for days from getting so cold in the mountain passes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now it will either be the first or second Saturday in August. That is the best I have right now. I will have a firm date by next weekend I am sure.
Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it's not the weekend of the 12th, I would like to join you. What route have u picked out? I took a ride from Melbourne to Jax the other day up 95 and wasn't too happy with the late-night semi action.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was planning on 95, but leaving early in the AM. 95 takes me right to Columbia SC, and then we change to I26.

I have been trying to figure that out too... I think it doesnt mattetr where you live...there is always someone to go ride with!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still not solid on the date guys but looks more like the 6th. Offer is for anyone that wants to, how about a BBQ at my house on Friday evening, then everyone can crash at our house and we'll get up and head out Sat morning.

See ya,
Nick

·
Registered
46 Posts
So, KOA or the Sixer? The weekend of the 6th might be offlimits due to b-day action but I'll let u know tomorrow. No comments on my ghostrideresque highway leathers if it works out :cool:........

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like the Sixer or Holiday Inn! So far, it still looks like the 6th. I have a few things to get done, like oil changes, etc, and buy a new back pack! Not much space on the Buell.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
6th August (Saturday) BBQ the night of the 5th at my house in Deltona. Leaving Saturday Am by 7. 500 miles! I have to stop about every 125 for gas. The Buell is hungry and doesn't tote a lot of fuel, plus my ass has about 100 mile limit anyway! We can stay somewhere there in Greenville, or head back towards the coast and grab a hotel.
Send me a PM,and I'll give directions to the house.
Nick

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know... and BIg plan change! My son called me today and he said that they play around noon on Saturday the 6th!! This would put us having to leave at like 2 in the am to get there in time for me to see him before the game. Any probs with leaving on Friday afternoon?? I would enjoy the company and hate to leave anyone out that wants to go!
Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts