Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to South Carolina in August to watch my son play football. He plays for a Semi-pro team in Greenville. (he has aspirations of going Pro some day) I havent been able to see him or a game in two years, so I decided that I would take a ride from Florida to SC to see him play. Plans are to spend the night there or head back after the game and catch a KOA somewhere along the way home. It's 500 miles from my front door to his hometown, so that will be quite a ride on the XB, but all worth it. Anyone interested in tagging along and catching a good football game?
Nick

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will either be the first or second saturday in August. I am waiting to get a solid schedule from him.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
I'll have to check my schedule to make sure I'm free.... if I am I'll probably go. I gotta see if I have to work either of those saturdays, and my graduation is in august but I forget the exact date right now. I'll see though... I need a long trip :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now, best I have is first or second Saturday in August. I will let you know for sure within the next few days. Thanks guys, it'll be great to have some company for the ride.

·
1,387 Posts
Hey if you're still planning on doing this trip, I checked my work schedule and I have off work both the 1st and 2nd saturdays in August so I should be good to go! We're you planning on leaving friday or saturday morning? If saturday then I'd probably come up friday night and stay the night somewhere cuz Deltona is still 3 hrs or so north of me

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey...
I am still planning on the trip. I am just trying to the the date locked down. I should know in the next few days about which day it will be. I was planning on leaving around 7 or 8 in the am on Saturday. That three hours for you would def add some strain to the ride if you do it that early in the am. Lemme know what you plan on.
Nick

·
1,387 Posts
Coolness.... yea I figured you'd probably leave pretty early if leaving on saturday. I'm not a early morning person at all, LOL. 7-8 I can do fine, but 3-4 am I'd probably fall back asleep on the way up there :lao So I'll definitely come up there friday night and crash somewhere for the night

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey here's an offer. BBQ at my house on Friday evening, then you could crash and we could get up and make the run on Saturday? Still looks like the 6th right now. I am still waiting to hear from my boy with the date. Looks like the 6th more than likely.

And good luck on getting your bike!!

Bluemist: I did 800 in one day on the Buell. Not bad really. The extreme cold (below 20 in the mountains) made it worse than anything.

·
1,387 Posts
Sweet!! I can never turn down a BBQ...mmmm :headbang I think that'll work out good though... thanks! But I may not be able to get up there until 8:30-9:00, unless I can get out of work early. I usually get out between 5 and 5:30 on fridays, and I could leave right from there. I may be able to sneak out early though, just have to see if I can get everything done before I leave. Usually they don't have a problem with me leaving a little early

·
1,387 Posts
So what's the werd... still planned for the 6th? If so, can you PM me your address or a meeting spot somewhere, and a phone # I can reach you at?

cesspenar, you got your bike fixed yet?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and BIg plan change! My son called me today and he said that they play around noon on Saturday the 6th!! This would put us having to leave at like 2 in the am to get there in time for me to see him before the game. Any probs with leaving on Friday afternoon?? I would enjoy the company and hate to leave anyone out that wants to go!
Nick

·
1,387 Posts
I sent you a PM... let me know yay or nay :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts