Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying one for the F4i, anyone know anything about these???

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
It depends on your mods i.e exhaust + Air intake. On carburated bikes you need to re-jet them when you add exhaust and stuff because you change the air/fuel ratio. With fuel injection you use a power commander to change this. So if you have a fuel injected bike and exhaust you really should get a power commander or have the bike's ECU flash to get the most from your mod's. Try a search I bet this has been talked about a lot :D

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really hasn't I don't think as I am referring to the USB version that recently came out. The serial port version is toast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use it on my GSXR 600. I have a full Yoshi exhaust, K&N air filter, and a 5 degree timing advance; just to name the performance mods. I am kind of disappointed with the Power Commander right now, but I'm sure It will grow on me. I am currently having a difficult time setting the right map. I do all the work on my bike myself and am too stubborn to take it to the shop and have it mapped professionally, oh well. I do like the new Accelerator Pump feature offered at powercommander.com. By using this new feature, I have noticed a much better response on the low end. Anyhow, good luck with it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
GSXR4Me said:
I am kind of disappointed with the Power Commander right now, but I'm sure It will grow on me. I am currently having a difficult time setting the right map. I do all the work on my bike myself and am too stubborn to take it to the shop and have it mapped professionally, oh well.QUOTE]

don't be disappointed in the pc3usb....if you don't get the bike tuned on a dyno,you'll never get it right.you cannot tell when you have the correct air/fuel ratio without one.if you try without doing it...your doing nothing but wasting your time.try to find a map from someone that has the same or close to what you have...also,what elevation the bike was tuned at will make a difference too....but,don't be disappointed in the unit if you don't get it done right.

as for the original question....i have one on my 04 r1 and i couldn't be happier with it.i also had a pc3r on my 02 r1 and was very satisfied with that one as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm sorry. I go to a lot of differnt forums. I was trying to decide between the PC IIIR or III USB for my bike. The IIIR will let you change your ignition but is still serial port based. The III USB only adjusts your fuel, but at every 250 RPM's the IIIR adjusts at every 500RPM's I belive. And it also has a USB port. So the reson I bought one was you can fine tune the bike every 250RPM's and it is looking like the USB version is going to be very expandable. Plus it is cheaper and I dont feel like I need ignition advance at this stage of my mods. They have an accelorator pump program for it now, and also have a quik shift program. The shift progam takes away a fraction of the gas when you lift the shifter to the next gear. so you can keep the throttle pegged and shift gears. And if you get one be sure to have it mapped for your bike and mods at a good tuner.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, thanks for the input. Can you adjust the fuel to run straight pipes with one??? I would imagine that you could by cranking up the richness...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts