Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone top their FZ's out yet?

I hit 135 actual and ran out of road. :headbang :2devil :lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you have a corrected speedo or factory ... Once I put in the speedo healer and calibrated mine I find it much harder to get to the displayed speeds that I was seeing before :a2 start to get above 100 and the correction is 10+mph

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nogoshowboat said:
Do you have a corrected speedo or factory ... Once I put in the speedo healer and calibrated mine I find it much harder to get to the displayed speeds that I was seeing before :a2 start to get above 100 and the correction is 10+mph
This is true. My indicated 120 was actually like 110+-. I wonder if the top out was 142 actual or 142 indicated. I forget the stats.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The little time I have in triple digits, I feel 140+ has to be real possible ... I read an earlier thread that I thought somoene reported and uncorrected 150 ... that would put us in the 135-140 range ... I am amazed how solid it feels at 100 ...

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Nope, I doubt I will ever top it out, unless I go to the track. Fastest I have been was 115MPH Indicated. I have been all around that number a lot when I juice it a little on a very open empty stretch, but that still is the top number so far.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lots of open country roads here near the beach

Plus I know plenty of troopers.

I have stretched her out several times. I come from the twin-turbo Supra school of triple digits (168mph best).

I let her howl one coolish morning and it hovered at 152, 153, 154 was the last I saw before I started grabbing binders. I'm figuring this is a good 12-15mph high. I saw some tests somewhere that gave 136mph (I thinks) as the measured top speed on a magazine test. I would think that is calibrated/actual/factual. Plus I've been 150's several times in da cages and this was just too smooth? hehehe

·
Registered
360 Posts
O.K. now I'm mad!!!!

calzor suzay said:
I've had an indicated uncorrected 155mph.

You owned me on miles, and now I have to go squirt 156 outta her now?

U'r killin' me here calzor!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife has had hers up to 130...she was right behind me and we ran out of room on that run. She's not a speed freak, but she couldn't resist.

This is where we like to do speed runs....very long bridge with long sight distance. No cops, nothing can jump in front of you. (Ignore bikes, these are old bikes).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
calzor suzay said:
I've had an indicated uncorrected 155mph.
Nice! I think that takes the cake and is prolly 140-145 actual.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've hit 256km/h (=159mph) Indicated

I was side by side my buddy on his CBR600RR and his said 265km/h so hard to say which is right... he may have been pulling away slightly too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Theres a stretch of road out on lockwood valley road near where I live that I managed to get an uncorrected 142mph out of her before I backed off, and she felt like she had a little more in her.

·
Registered
183 Posts
She was still pulling (slowly though) at 155 and felt solid as a rock head on tank, only reason I backed off there was several lorries miles ahead (3 lane motorway) but at that speed you get no second chance so thought better of it.

I think the weather for the day helped, it was very early morning about 3am dry but the air was damp and she felt quite 'lively'. If I top my PB I'll let you know but it's way to risky to try to often :)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
OK... First, you guys make me wanna spend my money on mods. Now, you all are gonna try to kill me to see how fast the bike goes!?!?!? WTF!.... lol :banme

·
Registered
155 Posts
Been to 146 with about 2K still on the tach. It's getting into deer in road season out here so I won't be trying any high speed runs like that until next summer.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ive hit 215km/h (133mph) on my naked...hanging on for dear life... :)
And i had about 1000rpm to go but theres no way i could get there with out adding fiarings...

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
well ive seen a corrected speedo at 134 with my speedohealer. i might not ever top it out. i like tight corners more than straightaways. who knows, i plan on drag racing it at skyview drags in Owego NY next summer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts