Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did. And I went to buy my books. Grand total... $600 :3eek :eek: :a2. Their just books for christ sakes. Damn school is taking all my bike money. I mean thats a new paint job or something else shiny that would actually entertain me. I have to go balance my check book now :alky.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Casket Crew said:
I think next semester I'll order them overseas I hear there a lot cheaper!
Make sure you get English versions.:lol OK that was stupid, sorry. Anyways Id like to order them online but the shipping to Hawaii kills most of the savings.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I start soon, not exactly sure when - this isn't good...

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm on a quarter system, so I'm in week 9 of the quarter. Gotta buy books at the end of next month. My student loans covered none of them this time around, so I figure I'll be spending about $350 this quarter out of my pocket. That's for three classes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
yep, started classes today. Spent a total of around $400 for 18 hours, I need to get into that business. They've got to be making a ton of money off of poor college students :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
September 7th 2004.

First day of my masters starts September 7th. Luckily we only take 2 classes a semester for masters up here. Unfortunately the one book already on my book list is 185$$$. Makes me cry...

Textbook prices are fuggin ridiculous. During undergrad, I took full classload (5 classes a semester) and books cost like 600ish. Sucks.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
got ya beat on books, $686. And two were used. I hate the book stores man they run a racket like a mofo. Our school was so packed with people that everyone was parking in the grass and crap. then along comes me on the bike getting to park right up front, next to the disabled people....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Classes don't start for another week for me. My schedule for the fall semester is really screwy so I'm not looking forward to it. On the other hand, I only have one year (7 classes) left to graduate and I can't wait to get out. :cool:

·
Registered
912 Posts
yea started today but i didn't buy books yet

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
you guys buy books on the first day? takes me like 2 weeks to buy em, last couple of semesters i didnt even buy books for some classes, lol. too much money and i figure ill pass it without the book or bum someone elses if i need to. this seemster im lookin to mug a nerd on the way out of class and get his books. :lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah, first day today. started off kind of shitty, i pull the bike out of the garage, get ready to head of to class, and it won't start. so i had to drive, and park like a mile away from campus and walk the rest of the way. hopefully i'll have the bike running this weekend, so i'll have to foot it a ways this week.

matt

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I started today also, but check out half.com for your books I saved over $300 for books this semester by buying my books from there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SlowCBR said:
On the other hand, I only have one year (7 classes) left to graduate and I can't wait to get out. :cool:
Thats cool. I only have one year left too. Im trying to grad early so I have 20 credits right now :hshot .

·
Registered
118 Posts
I feel bad for you suckers. I don't start till the 20th of September. Gwa Ha Ha hA!! I've never spent $600 on books. I feel bad for you guys. The most I ever spent in a quarter was just under $400. Crazy.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slo_tom said:
I feel bad for you suckers. I don't start till the 20th of September. Gwa Ha Ha hA!!
Ehh we get out earlier.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
I usually get my books online. Walmart.com has them cheap too. They told us to wait until our first class this year in case the instructor changed his mind on the books. Then yesterday in class the instrctors said they wanted us to have them right away so we could start labs. Wish I could bum them but half of my books are lab guides.

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I was in school, I'd wait until at least the 1st day of class to see what books the prof wanted. Then I'd search the school library for the same book. Many times they'd have the current edition and sometimes just a older version (which was ok by the prof to use). In any case..I saved myself a lot of dough by just checking the book out at the library...especially if I knew I wouldn't be keeping the book once the class was done.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Kastivich said:
Their just books for christ sakes.
Make sure you pick up a few extra English books, because they're just books, too. ;)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Lucky me, i dont have to buy books, only if I lose or damage em :twofinger

1 - 20 of 23 Posts