Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is going to be at Rod's Power Sports, on Lincoln, on Sunday for their Power/Poker Run. It looks like it starts at 9:00 and the last bike out by 11:00. Lunch and awards will be afterwards. Hopefully might see someone there.

I just got back yesterday from a few days in Colorado and my tires were shot. I spent an hour on the phone trying to hunt down a new Bridgestone rear, since I still have a good Bridgestone front laying around in my garage that I'll put on, but nobody had a rear tire for me. I have a new one that should be to my house on Monday, but I needed one before this weekend. A friend of mine has a half used tire in his garage that will get me through, so I'm having that put on today, and will be ready to go for the weekend. Yee Ha!!

I'll also be heading to St. Paul Saturday. They're having a car/bike show all afternoon, then that evening they close off some road on the edge of town and have drag races for any of the people that were in the show. That's really what I wanted the tire for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not sure I can make it this weekend. The rear tire on my R1 is about toast as well. I have a new Pirelli sitting in my garage, I just have to find time to put it on. I am going to try and make St. Paul though. I'll have a redfire 03 Cobra with FOSTER on the plate.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'd love to, but 95zx6r's bike is temporarily unavailable, and I don't know anybody to do biking with. I'm afraid that if I go biking alone, and a bunch of bikers will see me, they might make fun of me. You know, being a new biker and all that. so I guess, I'll just drive around, again in my neighborhood. It's almost a month now, since I got my bike, and still have only 9 miles on it. I know it's sad, but it's also been raining here quite a few.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry guys, like cebu said, I'm on the fence right now. I'd really like to hit a couple poker runs, but I'll be sitting in a garage, sanding down some plastic. :a2 Alternator cover MIGHT be in by next weekend, so hopefully I can get it back on the road. I feel like if I don't I just might :blowingup !! On a positive note, the skin on my arm is growing back nicely. See the before and after. Before taken minutes after the crash (June 27), after taken yesterday(July 8).

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ouch man. I'm afraid that will ever happen to me. As a matter of fact, I have a question from all of you who are veteran on this. Is there a way I can modify my throttle, so that I won't be able to fully squeeze it? I know it's a funny thing, but I just don't want to have that temptation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll take a look at my R1 when I get home tonight. I have never looked at it that closely. I know my quads have a screw you can turn in to limit the amount of gas you can give it, but of course those are thumb throttles. Maybe our sportbikes have something similar???

·
Registered
984 Posts
There has got to be a way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually this wasn't a throttle thing. I was only going about 35-40 when it happened. We were out by Council Bluffs going down a road that has a lot of twists and turns on it. I came to a sweeping left in the outside portion of my lane, caught some gravel, and lowsided. Slid about 20-30 feet on asphalt into the grass. Oddly enough, that was the only road rash I got. Not a nick on the helmet, and the jeans didn't tear at all. I should have been wearing my jacket, but now I know. Presently the bike is waiting for an alternator cover so I can start it back up. Plastics came in yesterday.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh, but I still want to modify my bike that can only squeeze my throttle half of what it can handle right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wasn't able to make the St. Paul deal either but I was able to ride a couple of hundred miles Sunday afternoon. Rode down to Lincoln, over to Milford, Friend, Fairmont, McCool Junction (BTW the new dirt track looks waaayy cool), York, Shelby, and home...in full leathers baby! I would sooner sweat than pick at roadrash (sorry 95zx6r :) )

The rest of July is shot for me...
Sometime we should all meet up at James Arthur Vineyard outside of Raymond for a get together. :dblthumb

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eatmorepork said:
I wasn't able to make the St. Paul deal either but I was able to ride a couple of hundred miles Sunday afternoon.
Well I made it to St. Paul and it wasn't the best day for me. There were a few punk-ass kids there on sportbikes that were doing weak-ass wheelies, weak-ass stoppeis, and riding around while sitting on their tank. All this was right through the middle of downtown St. Paul. I started to get pissed when I got asked 3 times if I was the orange bike that was doing the wheelies down main street. It was one of those kid on a orange 636. So that put me in a little of a foul mood.

Then shortly after that I found out that there would not be any motorcycles allowed in the street drags, and it sounded like the reason behind it was because of the kids that had been tearing around town most of the morning had pissed some of the organizers off and ruined it for the rest of us. So, I went form being in a foul mood to being plat out pissed. The street drags were what me and my friend had been looking forward to for about the last 3 months.

Halfway through the afternoon my buddy and me were about a block away from where they had the bikes lined up for the show. I see a couple of these kids hop on their bikes and line them up beside each other in the middle of the street. I knew something was going down and I started back over there. As soon as I started walking the guys proceed to start doing burnouts right there in the middle of the street. As I walked up, the guy doing this weak-ass burnout was directly in front of me and his buddy that was filming him was on the opposite side of him, which meat that while filming the guy doing the burnout, I was "well placed" in the near background of the shot and to let them know I wasn't pleased, I rolled my eyes, shook head and did a big "jerk-off" motion with my had to let them know that I was not impressed.

About that time the guy was getting done with his burnout and I trot up to the guy with the camera, (plus a few others of their group) and I start cussing them out. I said "What the fuck are you guys doing that shit in town for??? Take that shit outside of town!!". Then I said "And you guys wonder why they aren't letting us be in the dragraces when you pull shit like this?". We argued for a minute or two, but I wasn't getting anything through their thick skulls and they eventually walked away.

I see a lot of these guys around from time to time and usually give them a polite wave while out riding, but from now on all their getting is a big...... :boid Hell, I even played against about 3 of these punks in our softabll league 2 nights before all this took place.

Other than all that, the car show and street drags were pretty entertaining.

Sorry for venting but this crap just chapps my ass still. Gawd I hate squid like this. :chair

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah but if they went outside of town, they wouldn't have had the crowd to impress... :spank I know what you guys mean about the squids. Talking to them does no good. I too did not make it this weekend. We had some relatives show up from out of town and the boss said I couldn't go anywhere. :cry

I must be getting old because when I see a burn out now I think, damn... Does he realize what it cost to replace that rear tire. LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not old, but I am cheap. The only time the guys I ride with really try to lay down the rubber is when the tire is shot and getting replaced. I also know a guy who did $4500 worth of damage to his bike during a burnout. He lets off the brake to ride it out and dumps it on the side. Blinker goes right through the fairing, and insurance replaces EVERYTHING that isn't perfect. Don't really want to have to go through that!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey 95zx6r, I'm going to rent me a scooter when I'll take the test in Freemont :D

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know, I'm all for going out and having a little fun, hell, just look at my avatar. But, we always go out of town and find the quietest place we can. The spot we use a lot of times is the one in my avatar. It's all cornfields as far as you can see. You literally can't see a house of any kind within a mile and a half. It's very quiet out there, well at least until we show up. :biggrinag

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those are the kind of places that the guys I hang out with go to. They know of a stretch of highway that became a new bypass and now is a dead end. No houses or anything like that. The only thing out there is a business that is never open when they are around. Idiots like that are what ruin good events for the rest of us.

cebu - let me know when you are going to take your test and I may hop up there with you. Until ronayers.com sends me an alternator cover, I can't move. :mad:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh, probably not until fall.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts