Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· That's factory, yo!
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T'is a nice day... anybody up for an afternoon ride - say 4:00 or so somewhere North or West of town...

· That's factory, yo!
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5:00 should be good - I am having a frind of mine guest ride the ZX7... I really want to sell the bike to him in time... he's been dirt bike riding for years - hell, he's a pretty accomplished hare scramble racer - but I'd like to get him as a regular street riding buddy.

I'm still a bit hung over (girls keeping me up late and all...) so I am going to retire for a nap. I'll check back around 2:30 and set something up... Probably a mid-paced tour on country highways being that Mike is new to the whole sportbike thing (unless his dad's 883 sportster counts?) so we can probably leave the knee sliders at home.

Sound good?

Cheers folks

· That's factory, yo!
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ladies and gents - I just talked with CJ and the meeting spot is the Brookfield Square Parking lot - old park and ride bewtwwe Sears and the Sheraton. I guess this is the regular Wednesday meet spot - though I've never been.

Anyway, there you have it, BFS @ 5:00

· That's factory, yo!
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent ride, all!

Mike was elated to be out riding, and it was great to have him out.

Thanks to you all - I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing on a Sunday evening. The weather was excellent, and the ride was very fullfilling. I really liked the pace, I have no problem going slower as we did the first portion, and I really liked turning the wick up at the end on F - it left a sweet taste in my mouth and reflected well on the whole ride.

CJ - sorry we lost you on 94 - hopefully my pace wasn't too fast...

This evening will make going back to work tommarow very depressing... I can only look forward to doing it agian.

Cheers all - Todd

· That's factory, yo!
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In our defense - the ride was pretty much over and we were all headed home on the freeway, at night... everybody was breaking off and heading home. Mike was right behind me (CJ was behind Mike?)... and he's new to the sport riding in groups thing... so didn't know any better. It's tough to tell one headlight from another.

Mike said we lost CJ at hwy 18 - we discussed it and figured you were heading home. Obviously we were eronious in our judgement.

Anyway, CJ, I'm terribly sorry to have left you behind.

Cheers - Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.