Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T'is a nice day... anybody up for an afternoon ride - say 4:00 or so somewhere North or West of town...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i might be down.. give me a call.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I am down, but won't be able to meet up until nearly 5:00

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5:00 should be good - I am having a frind of mine guest ride the ZX7... I really want to sell the bike to him in time... he's been dirt bike riding for years - hell, he's a pretty accomplished hare scramble racer - but I'd like to get him as a regular street riding buddy.

I'm still a bit hung over (girls keeping me up late and all...) so I am going to retire for a nap. I'll check back around 2:30 and set something up... Probably a mid-paced tour on country highways being that Mike is new to the whole sportbike thing (unless his dad's 883 sportster counts?) so we can probably leave the knee sliders at home.

Sound good?

Cheers folks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well, I won't be able to check back here, and I am leaving right now to go do shit until said designated time. Just call me. I am also supposed to meet up with andysF3, Alilalien, and incognito so I am not sure what the crew wants to do.

Check your PMs

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
Well, I won't be able to check back here, and I am leaving right now to go do shit until said designated time. Just call me. I am also supposed to meet up with andysF3, Alilalien, and incognito so I am not sure what the crew wants to do.

Check your PMs

Todd give me a call and let me know what time and where you guys are going to meet up...I'm down for a ride at 5....also...if you get out a tad early call me I will be riding with Joe today also...he just has to bug out about 4:30 or so to pick up his kids.

Talk with you then

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ladies and gents - I just talked with CJ and the meeting spot is the Brookfield Square Parking lot - old park and ride bewtwwe Sears and the Sheraton. I guess this is the regular Wednesday meet spot - though I've never been.

Anyway, there you have it, BFS @ 5:00

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Well, I was in Chicago all day. Saw lots of sportbike riders, and not one of them was wearing a helmet.

I hear thats typical Chicago sportbike rider attire though.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent ride, all!

Mike was elated to be out riding, and it was great to have him out.

Thanks to you all - I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing on a Sunday evening. The weather was excellent, and the ride was very fullfilling. I really liked the pace, I have no problem going slower as we did the first portion, and I really liked turning the wick up at the end on F - it left a sweet taste in my mouth and reflected well on the whole ride.

CJ - sorry we lost you on 94 - hopefully my pace wasn't too fast...

This evening will make going back to work tommarow very depressing... I can only look forward to doing it agian.

Cheers all - Todd

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
CJ's LESSONS LEARNT TODAY:

1) Always carry toilet paper in your pocket, as it does indeed come in handy. :moon

2) It is slightly embarrassing when you pull up at a light, with a monkey on your ass, and people stare at you like you are the fucktard of the week. :nerd

3) It is crucial to the functionality of ones bike to make sure there is gas in the tank at all times..........oops........................Hence my dissappearance act on 94 and HWY 18..... :eek:wned

4) Wayne is a super hero....he can diagnose whats wrong with ones bike over the phone - he's that good....LOL..... :monstergr <--pimp

(seriously wayne, how do you put up with me....I swear I am either blonde or off the short bus sometimes....)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
that was a great ride today.

todd, I just won the auction for the new front seat on ebay.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Don't feel bad CJ, last night I went out riding with some other SBN'ers and we were on some back roads, ran outta gas, got my reserve on, after it died completely. Went and got gas but then proceded to turn not only my reserve off but my entire tank all together. It took one of them going to get their truck and the other 2 of us 20 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my bike... I felt incredibly dumb and embarrassed, but I learned from it all.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
shortyali0369 said:
Don't feel bad CJ, last night I went out riding with some other SBN'ers and we were on some back roads, ran outta gas, got my reserve on, after it died completely. Went and got gas but then proceded to turn not only my reserve off but my entire tank all together. It took one of them going to get their truck and the other 2 of us 20 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my bike... I felt incredibly dumb and embarrassed, but I learned from it all.
At least they stopped for you... If you are riding in a group you should always watch out for the person behind you. CJ should not of had to sit by herself and try to figure out what the problem was. The group that she was riding with should of figured out she was missing and turned around for her. How many people were with you guys, not many I imagine? There is no excuse for leaving someone behind. If she would of got into an accident I bet you would of felt pretty shitty about ditching her. You would of been just as bad as those guys that let their friend die alone on Oklahoma. Even if you are riding really fast and everyone can't keep up, you should stop at least every other stop sign and make sure everyone is there. I guess from now on I am going to be more careful when I ride with the group so I don't die on some corner somewhere because someone didn't bother to look over their shoulder and see if I was still behind them... :mad:

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Whewww.... Good thing I wasnt out with you guys last night. Mike is pissed.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Whewww.... Good thing I wasnt out with you guys last night. Mike is pissed.
Not pissed, just feel bad that someone would be left behind, especially when they had a malfunction.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In our defense - the ride was pretty much over and we were all headed home on the freeway, at night... everybody was breaking off and heading home. Mike was right behind me (CJ was behind Mike?)... and he's new to the sport riding in groups thing... so didn't know any better. It's tough to tell one headlight from another.

Mike said we lost CJ at hwy 18 - we discussed it and figured you were heading home. Obviously we were eronious in our judgement.

Anyway, CJ, I'm terribly sorry to have left you behind.

Cheers - Todd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts