Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone riden a Bimota SB6? *photo attached now*

Just bought one on auction from Japan... 15000kms and one owner... don't get it until late August... can't wait.. awesome bike and for the same price as a TL1000R... which is what I was after... but saw the Bimota and gave it a shot...and scored!!!
Now I have the joy of an Italian bike with an easy care high HP Japanese motor and gearbox (Suzi gsx1100r...factory modded to get 157hp and 87ft/lbs torque!)... best of both worlds. Unfortunately no pillion seat either so the missus isn't impressed.. :).... next time maybe.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The Bimota I rode had a Ducati engine, are you sure you bought a motorcycle, or a scam???

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, I've never ridden one and only have seen pics of them. Hope to see some pics of yours in the future though.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
:needpics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If you want to look at Bimota range of bikes there is a good web-site at http://www.bimota-enthusiasts.com/ there is a "models and reviews" link on the left and then choose the large font era link to get pictures and full info on each bike...

Bimota has used Suzuki, honda, yamaha, Kawasaki, Ducati and BMW engines.... and the SB8 Gobert rep looks awesome....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the SB6 was the first prod bike to have race style self supporting seat (no subframe) and first to have underseat exhaust.... and a re-geared one was the first to hit 200+ mph...and all that back in 1994!! so quite a bike really!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts