Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone in here rode BMW's? I have ridden bikes since I was in the teens and always enjoyed a road trip, alone or with a few friends. I have owned several bikes, both German and Japanese. Finally 'settled' with a 2006 K1200S. Have since modified it to my personal taste and needs.
I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in maybe outlining a summer ride for a week or so. Have bike, will ride.
Oh, by the way, my name is Volken.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Yep there are a couple of us. I ride a R1100S. There is one that lives in Colorado and has a couple bikes, MV, BMW, Ducati, and some others.

Another rides a '06 K1200R.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The R1100S is a great bike man. I sure have enjoyed the rides I have had on it. Think its a great all-rounder. Plus, you cant kill that engine for anything!
Well, its great to hear someone is riding something else than just japanese bikes - not that there is anything wrong with that either. How do you like the R1100S?

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
The R1100S is a great bike man. I sure have enjoyed the rides I have had on it. Think its a great all-rounder. Plus, you cant kill that engine for anything!
Well, its great to hear someone is riding something else than just japanese bikes - not that there is anything wrong with that either. How do you like the R1100S?
I love it! Its a great bike to ride around town, or around the country. It has about 46,000 miles on it right now. It fun riding around on the twisties and passing other bikes. And they get all made because its a BMW. I really like it, can't wait to see BMW's bikes in the future...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
R1100S here also
also K75S w/ somewhere in the 6 digits on the odo

·
Registered
3 Posts
R1100S here too. It's a 2001, but I just bought it from a friend recently. It's astounding. I love it.:banana
I have a 2003 Yamaha XV250 Virago as well. A phenomenal starter bike. But not as sweet as my Big Mexican Woman.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those R1100S's and the new R1200's are just incredible :banana
Looks like Aero's got a great opportunity to do some quality riding around Myrtle Beach there - are we invited this Summer Aero :lao?
Anyhow, its good to see a few Beemer riders around here. Anyone doing the 'Your Not Superman Rally' this Summer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those R1100S's and the new R1200's are just incredible :banana
Looks like Aero's got a great opportunity to do some quality riding around Myrtle Beach there - are we invited this Summer Aero :lao?
Anyhow, its good to see a few Beemer riders around here. Anyone doing the 'Your Not Superman Rally' this Summer?
Haha, not as quality as you may think. Highway 31 isn't bad,but it's a bit short. But there are too many traffic lights in Myrtle Beach. Which is to be expected in a major tourist city.
Georgetown and Conway have much better long, mostly vacant, twisty backroads. But I'll be gone most of this summer. Going to Europe for 2 weeks, Nice, Paris, Monaco, and Barcelona. Possibly somewhere in Italy as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
'07 K1200S here. First bike I've owned with a fairing. And I like it. Most of my rides are long ones and at my age I appreciate the lack of wind on my not-so-small body. What mods have you made to yours Volken?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey donnowhy - sry I havent responded, been busy since season is starting back up :)
I havent really gone too far with modding my S. I basically removed all lenses on the bike and replaced them with clear lenses/LED's. Added an Akrapovic slip-on, which I am very happy with. Great sound and a very small increase in Tq/Hp. Had the tankpanels and front fender painted to match the graphite metallic on the fairing (I wasnt too fond of the silver in my yellow/black/silver colorscheme). I am getting the airfilters replaced with a set of Evoluzione's and hopefully my Rapidbike3 will arrive sometime soon. I've been cautious with doing any major overhaul, since the electronics on this bike are a bit hard to work around (BMS-K will barf on you if you arent careful with electrical installs). Installed a Garmin GPS on the bike recently, but I still havent had time to really get to know this unit. By the time Im done with mine, the 190/190 will be out and I'll get the fever for that one:bowdown
I know that Evoluzione made a project bike out of a K1200S. Im not particularly impressed by their color of choice, but the mods done to the machine appears to be well implemented. Heard it was possible for them to get their S to crank out almost 200 horses - not bad without doing major surgery.
What have you done to yours and any future projects?
Oh, before I forget, nice K12R there Windsor! :phatyo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is as standard as they come, but for a Remus slip-on. I'm interested in the RapidBike 3 myself. Warranty issues scare me a bit though. Mines the blue/silver/black scheme - the all black was my preference but I would have had to wait too long. Let us know how you go setting up the RapidBike Volken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a K1200R Sport.

I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in maybe outlining a summer ride for a week or so. Have bike, will ride.
I think I'm maybe a little too far from everyone. I do occasionally travel up and down the West coast a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
radar?

Hi Scott,
Nice ride you have there. And an Audi in the garage. How do you find the radar detector? Effective? I am looking at getting one for my bike. Is any particular make or model that performs best? Is that a custom mount on your master cylinder?
Cheers,
Don

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Have an 05 k1200s, good all around bike, bought it for the esa, handles good , good power, I live in central Fla, but frequent the mountains, will be going up June 14th for a week, will be close to Ashville if anybodies close and wants to ride, installed a mio gps and a rear trunk that I can take off easily , the wife likes the trunk when she rides, what tires are you running and how many miles do you get

1 - 20 of 21 Posts