Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has tips/tricks regarding SV's fork setup to run in a supersport class? I'm having some problems right now with the front, it seems really soft- so before I tear them down I'd like to see if anyone can give some advise on what they did...

PS- Mine are setup with 15wt oil, gold valves and .9 springs.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Typical racing setup for SS is 20 or 30wt oil (weather dependent, but I'd say lower if you have doubts), 3 turns from no preload on the emulators, only enlarge the stock compression holes on the damper rods (there are 4) with maybe a 3/8 inch bit, and braze/JBweld the rebound hole shut. Don't drill extra holes above the stock compression holes like the Racetech instructions say to. This is for first gen but I imagine 03+ would be the same, you should double check.

I don't know if .90 is the right spring rate for your weight but that'd be the first thing to check. I have them and I weigh 175 or so w/o gear. If I were racing I could probably go up to .95 springs.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
I know a few people who race SV650's in the 650 Twins class, AFM. If I remember right they're using the front end off a gixxer 6.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anti-Hero said:
I know a few people who race SV650's in the 650 Twins class, AFM. If I remember right they're using the front end off a gixxer 6.

I'd love to do this, but its not legal in CCS supersport which is what I usually race. Anyways, I tore the forks down and the idiot who set up the forks drilled the holes in the wrong spot for the gold valves. Problem solved.

·
Registered
331 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
The suspension does stink on those bikes...springs, emulators and different weight oil definitely helps!

Laura
Hey Laura ! Hope all is well with you , Brian and the shop.
Oh yeah , do what she say's :cheers

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
Rich791 on this board also races in CCS an SV. He is in GP region, might shoot him an email for any other questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts