Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about it justfor something to do while im waiting for my fairing stay to come in. there the stock silverish color right now but being a viper red bike id like to have almost chrome looking rims by polishing them, i know its a bitch to keep clean but thats alright i have a power washer and mothers polish.
so if youve done this let me know post up a pic or two and you exp with it
thanks to all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im debating whether to do mine also. I have the black rims but if I do it I only want to do the lip and leave the center black. I know its alot of time sanding to do them but if you have the time go for it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Cannot find my search pic! errr

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you really want to polish your wheels, just do the lips. Getting to the front wheel is a b***** with the rotors in the way. Look at my bike...I would definiitly not do this again! Takes at least 2.5 to 3 hours to get this thing clean. Dont get me wrong, she is damn pretty after her washing!

·
Registered
491 Posts
downlord said:
you don't need to sand, spray the aircraft stripper on, wait 30 minutes, hose it off. took like an hour tops.
+1, but wear gloves, that crap burns!

·
Registered
491 Posts
And have several pair of gloves because it will eat those too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used that aircraft stripper and it does work - WELL! Keeping them clean isn't that hard of work. I used a rag with some window cleaner soaked into it and rubbed. Just don't let the dust build-up. Keep them waxed and the dust wipes right off.

I am planning on doing the lips of my R1 during the winter if I can get a second set of tires/rims. Thanks for the pics NEVRSUMR22! Nice bike!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts