Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, any thoughts from owners of xB's or mechs that have worked on more than a dozen or so.

JJ

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You thinking of getting one of those boxes? Apperance, not my type of thing. Mech. speaking, no clue.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ca$h said:
You thinking of getting one of those boxes? Apperance, not my type of thing. Mech. speaking, no clue.
The vehicle will suit a specific purpose. Just wanted opinions on the vehicle's driveability, mechanical problems if any, etc..

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:
Yes, any thoughts from owners of xB's or mechs that have worked on more than a dozen or so.

JJ
I am also considering trading the suburban on one so I am interested as well. That and I saw a sticker on ebay that will go on it and it said that "you just got beat by a toaster."

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need the room.........I have two youngins that are 6'1" and 6'3" respectively. Test drove one and was taken past the boxy look. Damn instrumentation reminds me of aircraft like clusters.

I do not impulse buy......My purchases are deliberate.

Thanks

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
They love them out here in Hawaii. You see them all over the place.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A friend of mine bought one and I've been around it quite a bit as he has dealt with modifying it. It's a pretty good city car but not something you would really want to get on the highway and drive cross-country in. I crawled underneath it to have a look and the suspension is kind of toy like in stock form. No problems in the 8000 miles it's gone. With the manual transmission it can be fun. Just don't expect a sporty ride, not even close.

Inside is very very roomy. (As a box would be) and the regular cloth interior wears fairly quickly.

Exterior. The black areas around the windows are just black tape. So, again. It's a cheap car.

I'd say get one for a good deal and you have a nice city car and it should leave you with some cash to pimp your ride. (Don't be like those people paying $20k for the limited one, it's just not $20k in car.) Maybe I give it a hesitant thumbs up if you buy it new and a real thumbs up if you are getting a good deal on a used one.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
lol it's the ugliest thing ever, c'MON man!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well if we are talking appearance, I'll tell you I think they suck. But that's not what he was asking. But the fact remains they are a decent, inexpensive (although kind of cheap) car.

If I were to drop 15-20k on another car I'd be getting another 944S2 or Turbo, which are the coolest cars ever (except for the location of the GD airbox).

·
Don't Mess With Texas
324 Posts
I'd drive one, especially if a motorcycle was my only transportation other than my woman's Taurus *cough cough* :lao :eek:nfloor

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:
Need the room.........I have two youngins that are 6'1" and 6'3" respectively. Test drove one and was taken past the boxy look. Damn instrumentation reminds me of aircraft like clusters.

I do not impulse buy......My purchases are deliberate.

Thanks
I understand as I am 6'6" and there is enough room for me. I was very suprised by just how much room they have. With the front seat all the way back I could sit in the back without having the knees stuck in the back of the front seat. I have looked at a couple with wheels/tires, tint and stripes for between $16 & $17k. Now I need to go drive a couple to see just if they will do what I need to do.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
snakemann said:
I'd drive one, especially if a motorcycle was my only transportation other than my woman's Taurus *cough cough* :lao :eek:nfloor
Bitch I will kill you. I pimp that taurus you don't know what you're talking about. :bitchslap :upyours :bitchslap

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
My sister has one. No problems so far, had it about a year, maybe a little more. She likes it. Roomy and it has the same ride as a low end car. It is still a Toyota... so you do the math.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had mine 2 yrs now. I like it alot wish it had more horse power. The 90hp I have just dont cut it. It gets up to speed I had it up to 114mph on the 5 freeway in Ca. I have 19,000 miles on it and not one problem. The suspension on the 04 is pretty stiff but it is to be expected with a lowered car. It turns and handles great for a box it does not hardly lean at all. The 05 is supposed to have better suspension and more horse power. I had my wifes girl friend and her fat ass boyfriend inthe back and it scraped the rear tires in the back around corners I also have two 12 in subs in a heavy box that adds a little weight. Love how roomy it is and the looks I get. It is a fun car.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I thought you'd like that haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts