Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out on Hwy 41/45 Northbound today? Was driving the car to run some errands and saw a bunch of bikes and a bunch of cops out there today. Just wondering if anyone was out there today and what was going on?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was out solo yesterday around 11 on 45/41 heading north to Slinger, but didn't see any cops or any problems on the road. Post up if you hear anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I heard about 15-20 bikes nb on 41/45 high speed chases, at least one in jail one in an accident that left his bike and fled dunno what happened to him.
just hearing this 2nd hand from someone that was following it
just hoping everyone is ok and safe

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I was on 41 headed towards Kaukauna at around 2pm yesterday. Yellow 600RR with tail and tank bags. Didn't see too many bikes or cops on the way up though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
incognito0160 said:
yeah that was me. showed that cop who owned the road.
I went to High School in Germantown many moons ago. It's now the middle school. I lived west of there around Mequon Road and Hyway 41.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I was once again on 41 today heading south to Milwaukee from Green Bay. Between 12pm and 12:45pm (from Appleton to Fond du Lac) I waved at probably a dozen or so sportbikes.

If there are any nice days to do roughly 270 miles on the expressway, yesterday and today were the days to do it...perfect temps and little to no wind.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Zixxer10 said:
I went to High School in Germantown many moons ago. It's now the middle school. I lived west of there around Mequon Road and Hyway 41.

i lived close to the corner of Mequon and Pilgrim road. Yeah, that's now kennedy middle school!! your OLD!!! :lao

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sport bike pack leaves
officers behind
Sole arrested motorcyclists says he topped 150 mph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By AL DUNN - Daily News Staff August 17, 2005

A pack of at least 15 people riding high-powered sport bikes - crotch rockets - ripped through Washington County late Sunday afternoon, leading police officers from at least two jurisdictions on dangerous high-speed chases, one clocked at over 130 mph.
A 26-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested in the incident told authorities he had been driving at over 150 mph.

That driver, Saul Vasquez, appeared in Washington County Circuit Court on Monday to answer a felony charge of fleeing an officer, as well as a host of traffic offenses. He was released from custody after posting a $1,000 personal recognizance bond, according to a sheriff's department spokesman.

Vasquez was the only person arrested in the incident, said Capt. Dale Schmidt, the Sheriff’s Department operations officer, although several officers pursued individual motorcyclists after the group split when the pursuit began.

Those pursuits were called off, he said, for safety reasons, underscoring the speed and maneuverability of these machines - and the need for full prosecution when the offenders are caught, he said.

License plate numbers were obtained from at least two other motorcycles, Schmidt said, and authorities will follow up to determine the identity of the drivers. Vasquez claims he didn’t know the other drivers, Schmidt said.

The incident began at about 6:50 p.m. when the department logged several cell phone calls from motorists on Highway 41 who reported that the northbound riders were operating recklessly,

"They said they were weaving in and out of traffic, doing wheelies at highway speed, cutting other drivers off," Schmidt said.

The group had just crossed into Washington County, he said, and Germantown police officers were the first to pursue them, the speeds ranging from 90-132 miles per hour. The pack exited onto Holy Hill Road, the officers following with emergency lights activated, and the pack appeared to slow down, but accelerated away again and headed back onto the northbound lanes of Highway 41. The Germantown officers then called off the pursuit.

A sheriff's deputy who was just south of Highway 167 picked up the pursuit, following a group of five cyclists who split from the main group at the confluence of highways 41 and 45. The other riders continued northbound on Highway 41, Schmidt said.

During this pursuit, according to a report, the cycles were passing cars on the shoulder and two of them exited on Highway P near Sherman Road. One of them - Vasquez - stopped and was arrested. The other fled.

Other officers picked up the pursuit of the other driver, who continued northbound on Highway P, running stop signs and passing vehicles in no-passing zones. The motorcyclist stopped, then took off after an office exited his squad, but the license plate number was recorded, Schmidt said.

Another member of the pack, while driving east on Sherman Road, hit a car after trying to illegally pass, Schmidt said, and the cyclist was ejected. However, he said, the driver was able to get back on his cycle and take off. The driver of the vehicle that was hit was not hurt in the incident, and was able to provide authorities with a license plate number of the cycle.

In addition to the felony fleeing charge, Vasquez will be cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed, operating after suspension, operating without a valid cycle license and non-registration of a vehicle.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
cski10 said:
In addition to the felony fleeing charge, Vasquez will be cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed, operating after suspension, operating without a valid cycle license and non-registration of a vehicle.
And he's single, ladies.

·
Registered
400 Posts
wow.....seriously out of all the wheelies that our group has ever done on country roads and the freeway, you pull over and you have about a 75% chance of getting a warning and told to knock it off, or somtimes just end up shooting the shit with the officers.....officers have a lot more respect and leeway for people that pull over and dont give them a hard time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts