Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we started to talk about in the drag racing thread, I will be around the garage where my bike is stored in New Berlin tomorrow (7/14/05) to help anyone out with basic bike stuff. Basic would include things like anything with brakes, oil, air filter, bolt on accesories and etc. The garage is a pretty large place with a lift, compressor hook ups, and plenty of room for everyone to stop by. I will have the place open from 6pm until 8pm. I'll have some basic tools with me, but if you need anything specialized you should most likely bring that with. The address is:

2075 South 170th Street
New Berlin, WI 53151-2207

Just go all the way to the back of the lot and a large garage door will be open.

ALSO!!! (and this is the good one...) I have spoken to Todd aka. Murf99 and he will be present from 6pm until 8pm doing basic suspension setups, representing Trackside Engineering. This will include setting suspension sag and basic dampening settings. The cost will be $30 (it will be a little less in depth, but normally the fee for this is $50).

I realize this is pretty last minute, but that's just the way everything seems to have fallen into place. Please post up with any questions you might have. Thanks, hope we can be helpful.

Attachments

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing as well... this really won't be a have us do it for you sort of thing (save for the suspension setups which will be done totally for you). It'll be a good opportunity to learn how to do work yourself with some folks around who can provide assistance if needed. Think of it as an impromptu hands on bike maintenance session.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I think I'll try to be there...it's been a while since I've been there. The last time I was there Phil was installing the JDM EJ20 in his WRX. Plus I live just down the street.

Todd, I'll have my $30 in hand...I'm a suspension n00b. I've been meaning to talk to you about setting up the suspension on my bike...saving $ is always a plus!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Rogue6 said:
One more thing as well... this really won't be a have us do it for you sort of thing (save for the suspension setups which will be done totally for you). It'll be a good opportunity to learn how to do work yourself with some folks around who can provide assistance if needed. Think of it as an impromptu hands on bike maintenance session.
Andy, can you change the oil in my bike for me? :eek:nfloor

Masuo, you asked in the other thread about bleeding brakes. I use Honda DOT4 brake fluid...Speed Bleeders really make it easy. I installed a set of Galfer braided lines on my bike last year...huge improvement!

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
Moses said:
Andy, can you change the oil in my bike for me? :eek:nfloor

Masuo, you asked in the other thread about bleeding brakes. I use Honda DOT4 brake fluid...Speed Bleeders really make it easy. I installed a set of Galfer braided lines on my bike last year...huge improvement!
i think i know why you like them so much. must be that sliding piston action.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don't think I can get speedbleeders or stainless lines in 1 day, so the old school way/stock parts will have to do. Just need a spare hand :). I believe I have a couple bottles of DOT4 Motul 600 somewhere, but Brian, would you happen to have any extra Honda brake fluid laying around?

Also, is Todd going to essentially do the following for $30?

http://www.racetech.com/articles/SuspensionAndSprings.htm

I like to tinker and was thinking of trying the above myself... Maybe I'll just be lazy and let a 'pro' do it :) .

Thanks,
Masuo

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty close, but Todd will also get into dampening settings, which is something not too many people are able to do on their own.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Just a note about the suspension setups from my end...

I am beginning to work autonomusly from Ed, but under the Trackside Engineering name. Consider me the "Apprentice". I offer my setup skills on site for a $30 charge. My setups are (by design) not as comprehensive as the baseline setups Ed can provide.

For the remaining $20 (payable later), at an appointed time, Ed will review my work (alter as needed), record data sheets for future refrence, and become avalible for future setup refinement.

To illustrate my last point... if you find something unsatisfactory with the setup that we provide, for example "the front end dives too much on the brakes", you can then bring it back to us, complain, and we will address the problem on the original bill. Like having a factory suspension engineer at your disposal. I HIGHLY reccomend this, since finding a good setup is an itterative process.

ALSO - Bring your bike's tooklit!!! My Ohlins Preload wrench DOES NOT work on Showa or KYB shocks... Otherwise I will have to get out the hammer and screw driver... ;)

I hope to see some of you there. Raven_R1 can attest to the benefits of a properly setup bike!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Murf99 said:
Raven_R1 can attest to the benefits of a properly setup bike!

I sure can....when I got my first R1...I had Todd set it up because it just didn't feel right....he adjusted the suspension to my "riding style" and "weight" (no fuckin jokes you jerkoffs :upyours ) and the bike dove into corners much easier...felt as though it had better manners and was overall a huge improvement. You can spend tons of money on crap for your bike to make it faster and look better...but if you don't spend the dough to setup your bikes suspension...you will never realize how good your bike CAN handle.

NOW....Todd....my new R1 needs to be setup...I have my kids tomorrow so I can't make it....can you please please make some time for me to do this...I HATE the bike as it is.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Okay - I'm going to Chicago for work tommorow. I plan on being there by 6:00 or so - but I may be held up. If so, I will give Andy a call. I will stay as long as there's work.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Oh sure, now that Im in Illinois you guys plan all sorts of cool meets.

Though its not like I really have anything I need to do to the bikes, except maybe set up the Gixxer's suspension, but I can get that done at any time.

Todd, I still owe you for the Kwacker's suspension set-up.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump. This is tonight everyone if you need something.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
dorao said:
I don't think anyone was trying to be malicious about this, but I understand your concern. I doubt this would happen that often, nor did I think we would have much of a turn out. Sorta fell under that one time can't really hurt sorta thing. This has all just been an attempt to help folks out. I could care less either way if he does this or not. I just want to put my plastics back on and put some fresh brake fluid in my lines. 6-8 people, be there if you want a hand. If it's a problem to do a certain thing, maybe we can push bikes onto the street and do it there. :lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey man give Todd a break, the only reason he was charging the VERY low fee of $30 is because the guy he works for doesn't want him doing free work for the company. As far as what he was 'attempting' it's not about the money, anyone that knows Todd knows he would do this service for free, but since he is representing Trackside Engineering they would not allow him to do this for no charge.

Edited accordingly :)

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
vaulter721 said:
Hey man give Todd a break, the only reason he was charging the VERY low fee of $30 is because the guy he works for doesn't want him doing free work for the company. As far as what he was 'attempting' it's not about the money, anyone that knows Todd knows he would do this service for free, but since he is representing Trackside Engineering they would not allow him to do this for no charge.

Why don't you have some class and PM him next time and get both sides of the story before you criticize him in public.
hey, we're all friends here. this isn't MSB. i don't think was Todds intention to take advantage of phil. i don't think it was Masuo's intent to make it seem like Todd was trying to take advantage.

before this gets out of hand how about all parties (party mmm :beer) move this to PM. or shit, pick a phone and call each other. lets not fuck up a chance to have some fun.(bikes and tools)

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha, Malik said tools.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
I'm posting up on a work computer in Chicago.

I'll call Andy on my way home and sort this out.

Lynda - THANKS for the kind words - you rock!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for helping out with the brakes Andy. Works much better now :).

I've retracted my statements, as I had no ill will towards Todd nor Trackside, but could have been misconstrued that way.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Anybody interested in retaining our services can PM me or check the Trackside website.

I apolagize to the two interested parties (Thursday night) that my services were not avalible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts