Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of changing the small little light at the side of the headlight to become signal lights and do away with my old one or change it to flash mount. anyone done it before?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just completed the exact thing you are talking about. I looked at all the ways guys were doing it in the forum and think I have come up with a better way. First, go to your local NAPA Auto Parts and get 2 part # LS6232, these are light sockets that hold an 1157 bulb. Get 2 1157na bulbs while your there.
Next get a 1" hole saw from your local hardware store. Carefully drill out the plugs where you want to put the lights. If you do this right, you will end up with a 1" hole in the light housing and very little flash to clean up. Next, solder a wire to the socket to use for ground and wire the rest up. I put flush mount LED where the old turn signals were and wired them in with the turn signals in the headlight housing. You do not have to use the resisters if you wire them together. They look and work great, If you have any questions, Ernie24, E-mail me and I see if I can help.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I added the Watsen Design flushmounts to my bike and a relay to make them and the pod lights become blinkers as well as running lights. I made a little video clip. Click here and then click the Turn Signal Video :beer

·
Registered
108 Posts
crazymofo said:
I added the Watsen Design flushmounts to my bike and a relay to make them and the pod lights become blinkers as well as running lights. I made a little video clip. Click here and then click the Turn Signal Video :beer
Those are some nice looking units. Which ones did you order and how long did you have to wait?

Nevermind, I just saw the other post on the Watsen's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts