Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was on my way to work last night and it starts raining so I had to stop and put the liner in my pants and put on my rain jacket. Its just a pain to put on a Nelson Riggs AX-1 rain jacket when your already wearing a leather jacket that is a sport riding cut and has armor like the Alpinestar Venom jacket. So my main question is has anyone found a way to just waterproof your jacket? I was thinking of using some 3M Scotchgard spray. Damn rain :pisson

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does this have any adverse affects on the jacket? It seems like it'd be fine, since it's more likely to make the jacket more tacky/sticky than slick, so it's not like you'd be sliding all over the bike or anything.

·
Registered
489 Posts
In that case, I might have to treat my jacket. So, if I'm using a dual stage clean/treat system, do both of those come after the waterproofing, or would I CLEAN, WATERPROOF, TREAT? I guess I still could get a bit wet (perforated jacket), but at least the jacket itself would not be soaked like it normally is. Now, if only I could waterproof the ankles of my jeans... ;-)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Once I saw someone take vaseline and work it into one of those dickies textile jackets...it worked to waterproof it, though I'm not so sure one would want to try this with their leather jackets...

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
murfnamedsmurf said:
In that case, I might have to treat my jacket. So, if I'm using a dual stage clean/treat system, do both of those come after the waterproofing, or would I CLEAN, WATERPROOF, TREAT? I guess I still could get a bit wet (perforated jacket), but at least the jacket itself would not be soaked like it normally is. Now, if only I could waterproof the ankles of my jeans... ;-)
Clean, dry, waterproof, dry, then polish if you want.

This will work on canvass/denim also. Will have to re-do after washing with detergent, though.

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Hey not to bring this back from the dead but I was just about to order the Nelson Rigg AX-1 and was wondering why you found it such a pain? I know it has suspensdors but I figured it'd be good for me since my leather jacket is perforated and I want my pants to stay dry... Did it due its job atleast even if it was a pain to put on?

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
I didn't feal like waiting and need it ASAP because its starting to rain a little bit now.. got caught in it going to work yesterday.. Sucked working soaked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts