Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says, anyone know of any good cheap bike mechs. in the raleigh area? I heard a slight noise from what I believe is my valves the other day. Ehhh could have been the pavement I really dunno. My bike has 8k on it and I dunno if it has been done, should be done every 6k. The goob I bought the bike from only had it a month before he had to sell it. The previous person said they had a bunch of maintenance junk done to it before they sold it to him, but he couldn't remember what all was done. The only things I know for sure that have been done is new plugs, wires, k&N air filter, and oil change. Now I need my carbs cleaned, valves adj., and chain adjusted. So anyone know of anyone, or anyone wanna help me figure out how to do it?

·
Registered
791 Posts
you'll just have to call around and ask what they charge per HR for labor. You should invest in a hearing aid instead :banana

i've always wondered this. what is a "cuke"

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TRaGiK said:
Remember that cheapest isn't always best.

yeah I know....Just wondered if someone that has a friend that is a mech. and does things on the side for people. There are a couple of people in my jeep club like that, just wondered if there was anyone on here like that.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Well...I'm an auto mechanic...but not bikes.

If you need your car fixed cheap(ish), now that I can handle. :D

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRaGiK said:
Well...I'm an auto mechanic...but not bikes.

If you need your car fixed cheap(ish), now that I can handle. :D

yeah I hear ya. I have replaced or at least worked on everything on my jeep. But my bike I am kinda intimidated by. I found a friend at work whom has a friend whom has a friend that works on bikes on his weekends. I hear from him that he is pretty good. He rents out a storage unit where he works out of during the weekends. During the week he is a bike mech. somewhere around here. So I am gonna check him out. Just wanted to see if you guys knew of anyone first hand.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
cheap bike mechanic..... :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
I'm assuming you want the work done fast as well? There's a sign I bought and put up at work (auto repair shop). The sign reads:

We do 3 kinds of work. Good, cheap, and fast. You may pick any 2:

If it's good, and cheap, it will not be fast.
If it's good and fast, it will not be cheap.
If it's fast, and cheap, it will not be good.

This holds more truth than you can imagine with ANY kind of work.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TRaGiK said:
I'm assuming you want the work done fast as well? There's a sign I bought and put up at work (auto repair shop). The sign reads:

We do 3 kinds of work. Good, cheap, and fast. You may pick any 2:

If it's good, and cheap, it will not be fast.
If it's good and fast, it will not be cheap.
If it's fast, and cheap, it will not be good.

This holds more truth than you can imagine with ANY kind of work.

nah don't really care about fast. I ride my bike on average once a week. So fast isn't really important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts