Sport Bikes banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my F3. It was running fine until yesterday. Here is the story:

"It was a pretty hot day, today. About 100 or so. Anyway, I was on my way back to work from lunch, and stopped at a light. All of the sudden, my bike starts idling weird. So I blip the throttle a couple of times, but it doesn't get past 2-3k rpms. Then it dies. So I pull off and tried to start it again, to no avail. It would turn but not start. So I had my friend pick me up and went to a local Honda shop.
They said maybe it's the spark plugs or some fuel related issue. Then I get back, pull the spark plug(which had a ring of oil around right above the threads), hold it to the head and I see sparks flying. So I know it's not the plugs. So I tried it couple more times, then it just started running. I put the spark plug in (new one I just bought, just to be safe) and started home.

About 1 mile down the road, I had to stop for another light and it does the same thing. So I waited till it cooled off some, then started it, which it did. I finally made it back home, and took my car back to work. I just got home and started it up and it fired right up. What could it be? I had more than enough fuel. The temp was at 3/8th's , but I don't know if that's normal for bikes or not. For a car, that'd be perfect."

Some guys were saying that it's the ignition coil or the regulator. I'm pretty new to bikes/mechanical work, so I really don't know.

Anyway, if anyone could just provide me a name of a good, honest mechanic, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts