Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering if anyone know how to bleed the brakes on f4, i tried everything and still not working . i used the bleeder and used the old way and still not working. is there somthing i have to do, i did what i did on my old zx7 and it always worked. thanks

·
Registered
801 Posts
How are you bleeding the brakes? It shouldn't be any different from most brake systems.

b

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i tried the bleeder, pulled the brake in untill they fill hard,, then i open the valve and get the air out. it is getting better, but still very soft for the first 5 times and then it gets harder,

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took the bike to the mechainc and he said that the inside piston are frozen in. i changed the piston, and still not working they get softer and then gets harder, the back piston do not travel alot (even on the other set) should i take the piston aparts, if anyone could help me,i could get the bike over to your house, i really do not trust the mechainces in miami. thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Autozone actually sells a brake bleeding tool. It is a vaccum pump with a hose that attaches to the bleeder screw. You fill the res and snap the hose on the bleeder pump then give the pump a few squeezes. It will do the trick. I had to do the same thing on the Buell when I blew a rear master cylinder.
Nick

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i fixed it. the back piston were stuck in, i pulled them out and cleaned them, but now the front viderate alot, under braking.any idea why. thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if the pads are worn more on one side then the other would that cause the problem, i do not think in is a warped rotor becasue the bike have only 6K miles on it, the bike was droped on the left side, so could it be the a bent rotor, and how can i test it. thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
my brakes are the same way now due to low brake pads. i have that mini-vac bleeder from autozone and it worked well but not as good as the speed bleeders. that little thing is cool.

·
Banned
383 Posts
Put your bike on a stand and spin the front, tire see if you see any side to side movement on your rotor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mini-vac bleeder from autozone , THAT what i used to bleed the brakes, it works really good.

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
samizx7 said:
mini-vac bleeder from autozone , THAT what i used to bleed the brakes, it works really good.
how did you use it because I have one and I'm not too impressed by it, I must be doing something wrong.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Sami this bike seems to be giving you more problems that it's worth :dunno

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Snowman said:
how did you use it because I have one and I'm not too impressed by it, I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah and for $50 bucks you would think it would be a great tool to have. I think we ought to take it back to the store and get our money back. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts