Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i not talking about getting high and blasted, im tllking baout relaxing and winding down from anxious days

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I usually just drink to unwind. :dunno

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I used to take Xanax and valium, (not together) for my panic attacks combined with crap like Paxil, (made me fat) Zoloft, Prozac, and every other SSRI. I don't reccomend taking Xanax for just relaxing even if the Dr. prescribes it. Xanax is VERY addictive and so is Diazapam (Valium). It got to a point at I could take 10-15 .5 mg Xanax a day and not get anything off it. The most horrible thing about those drugs are the with drawl when you get off um. It took my 3 weeks to get off the Xanax, and all I did was shake and cry cuz I had the creepy cralwies and just laid on the couch not moving. The Diazapam (Valium) wasnt bad, I just quit taking it all together.

I still have Paninc Attacks here and there, some so small, I just ignore um, but I think I may be growing out of um. Thank God!

So yes, LONG ass responce, but I want ppl to know the risks in taking those types of Meds. If you need to relax, go to the gym or read a book.. Better then being addited to medication.

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
I ride my bike in the country somewheres to relax. I have tried the different drugs and they dull me out and I can't do anything.

Find something else if you can to relax, there will be a time where you can't get to your drugs or you run out and then you will be having a really bad day. Umm, guess that is a sign of being addicted. I was there, not good at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now im deiting and cant drink beer, hwoever i hear 30mg valium 3x week is good. mon-wed-fri only...thoughts?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Thoughts? Exercise and forget the diet. I would do basically anything I could so that I would not have to take drugs.

·
Registered
402 Posts
wescoas1 said:
Thoughts? Exercise and forget the diet. I would do basically anything I could so that I would not have to take drugs.
I agree 100%, my wife has hysterectomy scheduled, she's taking Paxil, Valium, and something for pain...wide awake at night, sleeps during the day "Vampire?", hopefully we'll be past this soon. I excercise, drink a beer here and there, I have a very stressful job "running a $70 Million dollar bank", 2 kids, 11 and 4 and now taking care of my wife, the only thing I take is a multi vitamin, hit the tennis ball, play with the kids, and hit the weights...hot tub is nice too..but no drugs for me.
I'D AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE THEY CAN BECOME SO MUCH OF A CRUTCH TO "LIMP" THROUGH LIFE.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah listen to Japbike...I'd stay away from both. Xanax(alprazolam) and Valium(diazepam) are the same class of drugs just Xanax being a lot more potent. If you need to unwind I say just have a beer or too. I'd only take these drugs if they were Rx'ed to me and even then I'd still try my best to not have to take them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Stay away from Vicodin. Its a painkiller that eases your out of your skin. Brett Favre of the Packers got addicted to it. I had to take some after surgery, does the mind of numbing the pain and much more and highly desired by my body.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vicodin is good stuff and I use to take a decent amount for awhile but it was more out of a "mental" addiction of wanting to relax rather than any physical symptoms. Some people are genetically predisposed for opiate addiction (aka Favre, Limbaugh) and get hooked quick, and those are the people you usually hear about.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
CBRPhil said:
I'D AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE THEY CAN BECOME SO MUCH OF A CRUTCH TO "LIMP" THROUGH LIFE.
++1

Society has pussified itself into thinking we need to consume umpteen dozen drugs to "cope" with life. Give me a frickin' break. The only tool you need to deal with stress is a disciplined mind. Feeling stressted out? Slow down and calm the fark down. It's that easy. People "needing" to be medicated because they lack the intestinal fortitude to cope is rather pathetic.

The only drug I take is Tylenol when my head or back ache.

I don't need pills or booze to help me cope with life. Through the whole medicated society crap, I think the weaker are cheating Darwin, really.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just pop open a cold beer. Either that or start running or something. That used to help me when I was in the Army.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
TheWraith said:
++1

Society has pussified itself into thinking we need to consume umpteen dozen drugs to "cope" with life. Give me a frickin' break. The only tool you need to deal with stress is a disciplined mind. Feeling stressted out? Slow down and calm the fark down. It's that easy. People "needing" to be medicated because they lack the intestinal fortitude to cope is rather pathetic.

The only drug I take is Tylenol when my head or back ache.

I don't need pills or booze to help me cope with life. Through the whole medicated society crap, I think the weaker are cheating Darwin, really.
......+2 :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
B.M.W said:
right now im deiting and cant drink beer, hwoever i hear 30mg valium 3x week is good. mon-wed-fri only...thoughts?

ok, one more time, read this................

I used to take Xanax and valium, (not together) for my panic attacks combined with crap like Paxil, (made me fat) Zoloft, Prozac, and every other SSRI. I don't reccomend taking Xanax for just relaxing even if the Dr. prescribes it. Xanax is VERY addictive and so is Diazapam (Valium). It got to a point at I could take 10-15 .5 mg Xanax a day and not get anything off it. The most horrible thing about those drugs are the with drawl when you get off um. It took my 3 weeks to get off the Xanax, and all I did was shake and cry cuz I had the creepy cralwies and just laid on the couch not moving. The Diazapam (Valium) wasnt bad, I just quit taking it all together.

I still have Paninc Attacks here and there, some so small, I just ignore um, but I think I may be growing out of um. Thank God!

So yes, LONG ass responce, but I want ppl to know the risks in taking those types of Meds. If you need to relax, go to the gym or read a book.. Better then being addited to medication.

you can take Xanax or Valium ONLY ONCE and become addicted to it. Think man!!! I'd rather be a little uptight, then have to go through withdrawls again.. this may sound gay, but since your on a diet, why don't you add Yoga to your exercise routine. It REALLY works!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Taking medication like this when you have another problem (bad relationship, etc.) in your life won't make the problem go away. It'll just help you suffer longer before you deal with the real issue. Seen that up close.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
B.M.W said:

But the 3 days a week is going to turn into 4 days a week, then 5, then before you even realize it everyday will you will be using. Trust me..... I know a lot of people who started like that

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have a perscription for xanex to help with my panic attacks. That stuff is intense man. it will fuck you p. I try to stay away from it unless i have to take it. It does help out when i am very anxious though

·
Registered
27 Posts
One other thing to consider is the FDA is in the process of puting on warning labels stating that they may cause suiside. That particular side effect has been around for a long time but you probably know it takes the FDA a while to implement. There is a website called alternativementalhealth.com that has a ton of natural remedies with 0 side effects. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but alternative medication is a load of horse shit.. I've had panic attacks since the age 7 and have been through all kinds of holistic and prescribed meds, and I can tell you this, the only Rx that has been shown or ever PROVEN suicidal tendencies is Neurontin. Which by the way is NOT an SSRI, and isn't approved for panic disorders. It's an epalectic seisure drug and it has HORRIBLE side effects. The 5 SSRI's consist of Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Prozac, and Luvox, which have NEVER been proven to cause suicidal thoughts.

One problem I have with holistic or alternative medication is that if you do not have a knowlegble dealer, meaning someone who has been studing it since the age of 2 and it has been past down from generation to generation, like a Shamen for instance, they could over dose you and also poison you. I know it happens because it has happend to me.

If you are that restless, go see a Dr. and see what they have to say. Maybe Yoga or other forms of relxation tecniques might be the answer. Don't be like every American and pop a pill to fix a problem.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Some make you so constipated that suicide thoughts enter the mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts