Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you are into guns...

I have a few of those myself....but I was thinking about taking up archery.

Do any of you shoot Archery? If so, what types of bows would you recomend? Do you do target...or do you actually hunt?

Just looking for any "start-up" type info...

thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been shooting bow's for quite some time. There are so many bow's on the market I have an Onida and It will shoot 315fps with a Easton 2013xx Aluminum Arrow with a 100gr tip at 60# Pull Draw @ 80% let off. I used to shoot Target(3-D) Tournmets. But I mostly just hunt.

Martin, PSE, Bear, High Country all make good rigs to start off on. The kind of arrow rest you need will depend on what you releast with. If you use a tr***** release you can use just about any rest on the market. But I use my fingers because I can control the arrow better and have more options for shooting position when shooting from tree stands.

Here's a link to Bass Pro Shops

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.OnlineShopping

They have start up packages for the new shooter. You have to remember to get your draw length measured so that you can match the bow to your arm size.

Carbon Arrows are the most popular but I still shoot Aluminum, Carbon has a higher ballistic Impact but It also Splinters and can contaminate the Target or your the Game your shooting. Aluminum arrows are cheaper but they bend easy, but on the other hand you can straiten them. I've shot the same arrows for 3 years and just kept re-fletching(New Feathers) them.

Plus You can shoot in the city.

Good Luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been shooting a bow since i was old enoough to walk almost ...There are so many different bows on the market now....its tough to choose...personally i prefer a mathews.. costly but to me worth it...just go to a archery shop and shoot as many different bows as you can .....you will know what one is right for you . key is to get one that is comfortable to you...most bow companies have good "starter" bows ..all the way up to high dollar models....i would say ask alot of questions and choose what is right for you...just because someone else has a certain set-up ...dont mean it is right for you ....good luck ,,,and you will love it i think...i know i do......

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I do but havent latley. My bows are expensive because I shoot left handed but if you get into it it is very fun. Also it takes alot of pratice to get good.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
My friend has a bow, that I have shot occasionlly and it is fun but I need to practice. He hunts with it and form what I saw is damn good.

Off topic.....

Game, I played a demo of Red Star, great work. I like it from what I experienced and plan on renting the release copy to really get a feel for it. Good job :dblthumb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts