Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really a road course person, but I am going to go down to Sunshine tonight and make some passes in the 1/8 mile. Any of you local guys run at all at the drag strips in the area?

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I tried that one time when I had my yugo but they kicked me off the track cuz it took too long to finish the 1/8th mile

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike tonight. I really only drag raced my vettes a few times. I take them to Road Tracks, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Moroso, Homestead.

Anyway, heading out now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what years of vettes do you have? i have a 71 with a 352 done right and a 75 with a wicked 383. i also have a 2000 frc. i would love to take the 75 or 2000 to a road course sometime. what are the requirements?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sold my 2002 last year. I was going to buy a "Pace Car" 2003, but it turns out all they were selling was decals for the anniversary edition, not true pace cars. I bought a 1990 ZR1 to hold me over. Has some mods now and is 370 rwhp. I did a full resto on the 78 Pace Car back in 2000. http://vettefinders.com/Rhys/ I also have a 79 coupe. I am planning on buying a c6 this year also. You may be femiliar with my web site (Vettefinders.com)

I'll email you some info on the Road courses. You might be interested in a corvette autocross at the fairgrounds in 2 weeks. There are a few C3s and C2s.

BTW, first time at the strip tonight on this bike. 2.0 60 foots :mad: and only ran a 7.2 in the 1/8th. I didn't know how my shift light worked. Now that I am home I know how it works. I'll probably go to Bradenton next time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've been to Bradenton a couple times with the bike. I just ride down there and run, nothing too serious. Lots of fun for the $$ though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm 15 minutes from Bradenton motorsports park. If you go there, post up the date and time. I wouldn't mind taking the 929 out for a few passes. I use to race my car there all the time. My best pass was 9.41 @ 143mph, with only a 300hp shot of juice. Spent wayyyyyyy to much money on that thing,so my financial advisor(wife) made me sell it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SRQ929RR , too bad you sold it. I'll definately post when I go down. My brother runs his 92 vette down there for the corvette challenge events. He may go next week also. He ran an 11.20 so far. Nothing like you car was. Man, the 9s is really fast. Looks like quite a sleeper

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah it was set up for the 10" tire class in NMRA. Between the 10pt. cage and the sound of the car(3" exhaust) it was hard to get money races. It had a stroked 302(357c.i.) with aluminium edelbrock heads, victor jr. intake and an 850 carb. Solid roller cam Over .670" lift 12.5to1 compression and a Big Shot N.O.S. system. The trans was a pro-shifted tremec. Had a full spooled rear with 4:10 gears. Looking back, I would have been happier with an 11 second car. It would have cost alot less and I would probably still have it. But, I do have a '67 coupe I'm working on. :devil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts