Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Albuquerque in the morning for a Force Health Protection conference. Going to be there until Thursday and was wondering if we have any New Mexico residents here that could recommend sites to see and good places to eat. I won't have a ton of free time on my hands, but late afternoons and evenings will be free. All suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Wait! What just happened?
345 Posts
Well I'm an ex-New Mexican. Might wanna check out the Sandia Peak Tramway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm headed to Albuquerque in the morning for a Force Health Protection conference. Going to be there until Thursday and was wondering if we have any New Mexico residents here that could recommend sites to see and good places to eat. I won't have a ton of free time on my hands, but late afternoons and evenings will be free. All suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I live in Albuquerque.

If you are here on a motorcycle, I suggest riding the Crest Road to Sandia Peak. In about 16 miles, there are dozens of switchbacks and there is a wonderful view from the top, which is about 11,000 feet above sea level. It's a fun ride. However, do take it a bit easy. Too many bikers have got carried away and crashed, sometimes with maximum consequences. Too often there is a bit of loose sand near the edge of the pavement or in the center. If you don't have a bike here, it's still an interesting drive. Or, as the previous poster has suggested, you can take the funicular. You could also visit Old Town, or Sky City ( Historic Tours in New Mexico: Acoma Sky City Cultural Center ).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone looking in who could comment about Las Cruces New Mexico ? I know it has changed a lot, growing. I understand there is no real downtown core. Is that a problem? Are there distinct neighborhoods? Can a bicyclist get around without a car? How are small apt. rentals these days? Any info you have would be much appreciated. Thanks.
-------------------
Pamban29

New Mexico Alcohol Addiction Treatment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts