Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my roommate showed me a motorcycle vs cop chase news. Apparently he was going so fast and doing crazy stuff that the helicopters were having trouble keeping up. Anyways later that day he basicly got away.
Now...heres the funny thing , few hours ago my roommate told me that he got caught... it was stated that the guy went to the police station and try to repor that his bike was "stolen" and somehow a cop recognized him and they arrested him right on the spot. :urowned

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Can you say, "DUMBASS"?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thats funny, They said "Thats the highway patrol, we get are man"...........Uhhh, I don't think I counts as "getting your man" if he bring himself in like an idoit :neener

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Everybody involved in that whole story from the rider himself to the reporters, to the CHP spokeswoman were all complete F'n idiots. Is that prerequisite to living in Glendale?
And if they get him to come in to file a fake police report when they already knew it was false, isn't that along the lines of entrapment???
If they just brought him in for questioning and he confessed, then he would not have that charge tacked on.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you're gonna run at least dont have your license plate in clear view for everyone to see. :bitchslap And theres no point in ditching your bike where someone can find it if its your bike. That just makes it easier for them to find you. They dont have to chase you. They can just call you and maybe you'll bring your dumbass in like he did. He went that far he might as well have kept running until he could get away on the bike. Its kinda f'ed up how they tricked him into screwing himself even harder by letting him file a false police report they could have just arrested him when he got there.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
he prolly thought they had his license.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
busarider54 said:
Can you say, "DUMBASS"?
They should throw everything they have at this baffoon. It's people like this that inconvenince me everytime a carry a helmet into work. "Oh, motorcycles are so dangerous, why do you have one??".

People see these and other circus acts on the tube and they think every sportbike rider does this. This is why everybody with plastics on two-wheels gets negative attention from law enforcement officers.

Revoke this guy's license indefinately please.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
The CHP initially called the suspect in the breakneck pursuit "the one that got away" but Hahn noted triumphantly Wednesday: "That's the Highway Patrol -- we get our man."
Yeah... It happens :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
The CHP didn't just get lucky. They positively identified the owner as the rider from surveillance video at the Galleria and from eyewitnesses who saw him there. After a 40-minute televised chase, people were expecting him.

The next day the CHP called and "invited" him to come in and file a stolen vehicle report. With the information they already had, he was dead meat.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im wondering how they "recognized" him when he would have had a helmet on when riding though?

ahhh, nm

"But after questioning, he confessed he had been driving it and apologized, "

·
Registered
912 Posts
Gear and helmet is what they identified, I would imagine. I'm suprised the guy didn't ride his bike down to file the report.

·
Registered
359 Posts
His arrival at the Glendale Galleria wasn't unexpected. The chase went on for at least 40 minutes, and people were watching it on several TV stations that carried it live on their 6:00 pm newscasts. They saw it terminate just in the parking structure just outside, they saw him get off the bike and ditch his gear, and they saw his face. Cameras monitoring the parking lot and the mall recorded his movements starting from the time he parked.

Getting lost at the Galleria may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but it sealed his fate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts