Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yes, if you are caught, either going 25 over or above 90 on a public road, you should be up for the death penalty.

This country has lost it's way with crime and punishment, our legal system has become a joke.
Um, have you like, ever ridden a motorcycle? Our legal system is a joke because they make too much petty shit illegal (like speeding) so they don't have the manpower to deal with the real dangers in society. All your law would do is cause a LOT more motorcycle fatalities from the spike in people running from cops

·
Registered
201 Posts
This country has lost it's way with crime and punishment, our legal system has become a joke.
This country's "way" has never been capital punishment for petty crimes. People got away with a lot more 40-50 years ago than they do now.

You are dreaming of a fantasy world, one that I think you may not be forward thinking enough to survive in.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Yes, if you are caught, either going 25 over or above 90 on a public road, you should be up for the death penalty.

So i take it that every motorist in SoCal who commutes should be up on the death penalty huh?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts

I just can't fathom how a sane human being could actually believe in something like this. I mean, really? Death penalty for speeding??? I can assume you've never broken 90 on public roads in your entire life? Or just never got caught?

·
Registered
449 Posts

Well I guess I should be killed twice, just for today then. Me thinks someone has been riding a Harley too long. I have done over 100 in a 15 near my Mom's house countless times; I'm guessing if you were Mayor my entire family would be on death row.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
spike strips do not blow out tires. they are hollow and break off in the tire gradually letting the air out. now knowing how spike strips work they're not the reason he crashed.
Oh yeah, I hit a single spike strip spike (leftover I imagine) once from 40mph I barely made it across the intersection. By the time I felt the tire low I was fighting to keep the truck on the road.

Gradually my ass, they are like 3/8" and hollow, you have about 2 seconds before you are on rim.

Public road, 25 over or above. Any speed over 90 on a public road.

LOL Never go out west then, you may have to kill yourself.

How would you deal with that when the speed limits are 70-75mph. Its a basic speeding ticket getting a 90 in a 75, $120 mail in your check.

Fucking nitwit.

Reactions: jk750

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Its a basic speeding ticket getting a 90 in a 75, $120 mail in your check.

Fucking nitwit.
HAH! No speeding ticket in CA is $120. They start somewhere around $360 from my experience.

He is still a nitwit though, and a troll I'm betting. Nobody could seriously be that dense, and not just be trying to stir up a mess. Might as well be named Ballmead.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
We could go on for 10 pages just responding to the ridiculous premise that cheating on your taxes should be punishable with water boarding, and coveting another man's wife should be cause to cut out your eyes.

Lets go Old Testament in their ass, right Mark?

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
We should round up the Germans for extermination then

- if it's about safety, anyone that's driven the Autobahn has probably gone over 90 mph

- if it's about authority, well, who loves an authoritarian regime more than the Germans?

You could get my grandpa too, if he weren't already dead, since he used to drive backroads to work in the 1960's/1970's on bias ply tires doing 100 mph

funniest thing I've read on this forum ever

I regularly hit strips on my rides so. must be experiencedr]

You "regularly" drive over spike strips that deflate your tires??? Wow, what's your deal?

·
Registered
201 Posts
All they have to do is wait, at those kind of speeds the average modern sports bike doesn't go far on a full tank of fuel.
Indeed. Sometimes the rider doesn't even survive that long.

A patrol helicopter is handy too when they happen to have one in the air at the time of discovery. I bet most times the rider's fines don't cover the costs of catching them.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Oh Markk. Reading your posts often leaves me amazed that you're actually able to type a coherent sentence.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
they don't work that way. unless they've been modified to blow one out they gradually deflate

Federal Signal's Stinger Spike System - YouTube!

Pulling a valve core from a tire will drain it to useless levels in what, ~5-10 seconds? The video shows these straws being about that size, now punch 2-3 into a front tire and consider that at those speeds the bike will be very difficult to control in just a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I do think we need to change how the speed limits are come up with, at the same time we need to revamp drivers education.

I have no problem with changing highways in sections out in the middle of know were, to no limit. The German's have it right with there highway system and rules of road. I have driven in Germany and it's nothing like the US, people know how to drive.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.