Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcyclist Fleeing Police Hits Tree
Passenger, 16, is severely injured. Driver, 18, is jailed without bail.

By Amy L. Edwards
The Ledger
[email protected]

LAKELAND -- A 16-year-old motorcycle passenger suffered serious spinal and pelvic injuries Sunday when the driver of the bike crashed into a tree after fleeing from Lakeland police.

According to a Lakeland Police Department report, Krista C. Williams of Lakeland was riding on the back of a motorcycle driven by Brandon W. Strevels, 18, shortly before 1 a.m. in the New Jersey Road area when they crashed.

The report said officers first spotted Strevels, who has a suspended license and is considered a habitual traffic offender, speeding at Williamsburg Square.

Police initially didn't catch up to Strevels, the report said, but eventually found him at the Wood Lake Apartments on his motorcycle.

An officer turned on his patrol car lights and also yelled for Strevels to stop, the report said, but the 18-year-old refused and sped away.

Two officers tried to pursue Strevels, but the report said, his motorcycle was too fast and they lost sight of him.

The officers called off their pursuit but continued to look for the motorcycle, the report said.

One of the officers spotted a motorcycle light in the grass on the west side of New Jersey Road south of Glendale Street, the report said.

Strevels crashed the motorcycle, running into a tree, the report said.

He was not seriously injured, but Williams was thrown from the motorcycle and suffered a fractured pelvis and spine, the report said.

Strevels was arrested on charges of fleeing and eluding causing an accident, reckless driving causing damage, driving with a suspended license, and driving with a suspended or revoked license as a habitual offender.

He is being held in the Polk County Jail with no bail.

The report said Williams was initially taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center but was likely going to be taken to an Orlando hospital for surgery.

A nursing supervisor at LRMC said Williams, a student at George Jenkins High School in Lakeland, was not a patient Monday night.

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
I wonder if any charges will be filed on the girl? If she was just along for the ride sad to hear about!

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Road trip to this ass clowns house...18 and already a habitual traffic offender??...I've got my foot ready to plant up his ass...

Not smart for the girl to ride with him, but at 16, you don't make alot of good split second decisions...I just hope she's not paralyzed...

It's a small town, Brandon, hope to see you soon :boid

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah, I was workin' when that went down. Guy was lucky b/c he didn't have a helmet on. Only had some minor scratches on his upper forehead. Told me that he totaled the bike but never mentioned anything about the girl. Coulda been alot worse than it was.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Not much of an update, but here's the latest...

Teen in Motorcycle Accident Improves

The 16-year-old girl who suffered serious spinal and pelvic injuries in a motorcycle accident is in "much better condition," according to her mother.

Krista Williams was a passenger on a motorcycle Sunday morning when the driver fled from police officers and later crashed off New Jersey Road, police reported.

The driver, Brandon Strevels, was not seriously injured, but Williams was thrown from the bike as it crashed into a tree.

Marsha Miller, the girl's mother, said Williams already is undergoing physical therapy and could be released from Lakeland Regional Medical Center this week.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good call. Anybody ever seem him at Beefs? I wonder if he was one of those dudes who loved to hear the sounds of their own exhuast reving... OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER! Way to go, boner. :boid

·
Registered
236 Posts
We caught my cousins boyfriend doing a wheelie with her on back. Now he had been told numerous times by her, her brother, and myself NOT TO DO THAT!! It was an ass kicking he will never forget! Now, I normally don't condone violence, but it was family business. And yes, she dumped that loser!

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
2003-027333 STREVELS, BRANDON WAYNE WM 04/29/1986 12/18/2003 12/19/2003
2004-017030 STREVELS, BRANDON WAYNE WM 04/29/1986 07/25/2004
He's been incarcerated as a guest of the state before. What's that tell you?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Charge on arrest docket: DWLSR HTO
Christ, do the Police have to use such complicated acronyms? What's wrong with typing the shit out?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts

The other picture already posted was from the 2003 conviction, as was the kidnapping charge. Check your dates, people.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hopefully she will pull thru and realize the mistakes she has made... It could have been so much worse... 18 yrs old and a HABITUAL offender... HELLOooooo Juve!!!!! :spank :spank

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
What an ass monkey.... I'd love to kick his ass. I can somewhat understand running when it is just your life you are risking. But, if you have a passenger (much less a 16 year old girl) on the back. You take what you have coming for her well being. I hate hearing stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
TheWraith said:
Christ, do the Police have to use such complicated acronyms? What's wrong with typing the shit out?

Driving w/ liscense suspended or revoked. Habitual Offender. Not only those but he also has some other charges that are far worse than those. Which means that he'll end up getting alot of time w/ the seriousness of the charges. Plus the girl being a minor will probably considered as well. He'll be looking at alot of time for this one :spank .

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
What an ass!!! I feel sorry for that poor girl!! Glad to see that she is fairing well and I hope her injuries aren't permanent...so young to have to go through that kind of thing. I hope they throw the book at this guy...he's an adult now!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts