Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, Has anyone ever solved this problem? From what I understand, the 06-07 GSXR 600 and 750 are affected by this. I think I have made mine better to an extent but it still wants to do this after about a half hour into my rides! Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
38 Posts
thats just a part of the fuel injection in some streetbikes with FI, the 04-05 600's and 750's had the same problem only worse from what i have heard from others, but still not to bad, it all comes down to throttle control when you are dealing with that.

A TRE will help a little bit, atleast I felt it did on my 04 750. Just something you have to learn to control , thats all I can say.

·
Ride.
940 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I am aware of mr. big and his recall thread over there. He and I have been over this before on here. For some reason, he has pulled his video and edited/deleted many of his posts on the topic. There's so much BS going on over there it's unbelievable.

I'm also aware of another recall posted right here on SBN that talks about the SET valve and FI warning codes from improper adjustment of the SET valve actuator cables.

Basically, when the SET valve hangs up or stutters, there is sometimes an abrupt/jerky throttle response.

Look at what someone with some sense finally posted over there...

i took my bike to the shop where mr big took his. the same mechanic asked me a few questions about the problem, then took it into the shop. he ran it for a minute and then screwed around with it for about 10 minutes. he came back and asked a couple more questions then went back into the shop. he came back out in five and said that's it, take it out. i asked what he did, he said there were a few loose connections, thats it. i didn't question him further, and took it out for a ride. it stopped that day. whatever he did, it hasn't cut off on me since. this was a month or so ago now that i was there. i have since removed the old slip on, and added a pc3 and a different slip on with no difference.
whatever happened in the shop stayed in the shop. but it worked.
Well, what happened was the proper recall was performed by the technician and the SET valve actuator cables were properly adjusted! You can do that yourself, or the dealership will do it, or you can do the SET mod. All of these options will cure the throttle problem and all are free.

You can read through literally 43 pages of this crap over there or you can believe me. Either way... :cheers

·
Ride.
940 Posts
jk750 said:
You can read through literally 43 pages of this crap over there or you can believe me. Either way... :cheers
Yep. I never participated in the discussion, was only aware that it was taking place. I knew there ought to have been something useful in there, as it pertained to the OP's problem. :lol

:edit And BTW, its only 11 pages on my browser. :twofinger

·
Registered
9 Posts
jk750 said:
I am aware of mr. big and his recall thread over there. He and I have been over this before on here. For some reason, he has pulled his video and edited/deleted many of his posts on the topic. There's so much BS going on over there it's unbelievable.

I'm also aware of another recall posted right here on SBN that talks about the SET valve and FI warning codes from improper adjustment of the SET valve actuator cables.

Basically, when the SET valve hangs up or stutters, there is sometimes an abrupt/jerky throttle response.

Look at what someone with some sense finally posted over there...

Well, what happened was the proper recall was performed by the technician and the SET valve actuator cables were properly adjusted! You can do that yourself, or the dealership will do it, or you can do the SET mod. All of these options will cure the throttle problem and all are free.

None of the dealers around here will do the SET adjustment. They've all told me its a wear item and after 600 miles they dont have to do anything. I had removed my SET just because I didnt want to deal with it. The on/off throttle BS is still there and didnt change when I removed the SET. It got less noticeable when I installed my Akrapovic slip-on and TRE. I wait at least 30 secs before starting my bike after I turn the key on and I always start in Neutral. That helps alot. I still have to stop sometimes and restart it cuz it will start acting up. I'm gonna go to the dealer and see if they will perform the warranty work Mr Big had done.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK..call me crazy...but I think I have solved this problem. I did the set valve mod and it only delayed the jerky throttle syndrome for about an hour from happening I noticed. Back a little while ago when I did my fender eliminator and/or wired my battery tender directly to my battery, I noticed that I didn't properly mount my AP sensor. It is a sensor under the seat near the battery with a nub underneath that looks like a vacuum line should hook to the bottom but doesnt(correct me if I'm wrong. It laid loose instead of hooking to a bracket. Last night I cleaned out that nub and properly mounted back to like it is supposed to be. I went riding today for about 4-5 hours and it was silky smooth!! It hasnt been like this in a long time, so if anyone is experiencing this...check that out..it may be your problem! I will keep you posted if for some reason it starts doing the jerky throttle again..but I am sure its fixed now!

·
back at the drag strip
1,014 Posts
what is the ''ap'' sensor/and function? i've had the same problems, had the set recall fix , still acts up some what.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also suspect that if your bike has thrown an FI light at some time, go get those stored codes cleared out of your computer(have them deleted). That may have also helped my bike as it runs GREAT now! This is weeks later and lots of riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I always start the bike in neutral. On occasion after a cold start I will have a slight hesitation or a jerky feel when first riding it out of the driveway around 3k RPM. If I rev up the engine a few grand or after it's warmed up, this never occurs again. Is this how the problem started for everyone? And what exactly is this SET valve?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took out my secondary throttle valves and its pretty much gone. There are a few times where it comes back but not nearly as bad. It seems like the STV's are a problem but there is something else that happens and thats what makes it really bad. So now the worst it ever gets is still not as bad as it was. I found out this was the reason I couldnt hold wheelies for a long time. I thought I had lost my touch but it was just the damn bike.

If you dont want to remove the plates try checking the TPS for the secondary plates. Its a lil more in depth then just jumping a connection with a paperclip ;) If the STV's are all within spec and it still does it get your throttle bodies synced because they probably need it. Then, if it still happens, remove the STV's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts