Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows any good sites to download games from? I dont like downlooding software from kazaa b/c it always seems to be corrupt.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I hear torrent(s) are very popular and great for downloading games. SuperNova is great so I heard......

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope that you mean free java games...and not illegall getting copies of uhum...xbox/ps2, etc games (some of us slave to make those games for you....)

Bittorrent
http://www.bittorent.com
And use google to search for torrent files. hehe, goodl uck. Unless someone is serving, you aint gonna get it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
AnnieMei said:
I hope that you mean free java games...and not illegall getting copies of uhum...xbox/ps2, etc games (some of us slave to make those games for you....)

And don't some of you get paid, regardless of how many copies the game sells?

·
Registered
205 Posts
No it determines whether or not we get to be kept for the next project. If the games do not sell (for various reasons, some due to piracy) that means that "worker" doesn't get to stick around for the next title.

yeah,I could get $70,000 a year for being an artist on a game, but heck, most games only take 8-10 months to develop. If it doesn't sell well, that culd mean an entire team that gets axed.

Piracy hurts everyone, including MAKING games more expensive for you to buy.

·
Banned
519 Posts
suck on it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Excuse me?

·
Registered
123 Posts
AnnieMei said:
Piracy hurts everyone, including MAKING games more expensive for you to buy.
so does makin crap games...thats why i took to downloading them FIRST...then I buy the good ones and shit can the bad ones...in the old days you could get playable demos of games...wonder where that went...

·
Registered
205 Posts
bajjer9 said:
so does makin crap games...thats why i took to downloading them FIRST...then I buy the good ones and shit can the bad ones...in the old days you could get playable demos of games...wonder where that went...
whine whine whine
you can test games before you buy, IT CALLED RENTING THEM.
Blockbusters, your local video game store.

whien whine whine.
Nothing justifies stealing.

"oh officer, Im just test driving this car, becaues I wanna make sure that I would be interested in BUYING it later".

Yeah, pass that onto to an officer when they catch you stealing a car.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
i think people have this idea that everyone in the gaming industry is making money hand over fist and living like rock stars.

its hardly the truth.

most people in game development are living from one project to the next. one shitty game or one good game that doesn't pay for itself in revenues and you will be forgotten like last weeks club sandwich (anyone hear from John Romero lately?)

there are a lot of shit games out there. i will agree with that. there are also a few dozen magazines out that review games not to mention websites doing the same. you wanna find out if a game a shit just look on the net. if a dozen sites tell you a game is shit and you still buy it don't get pissed at anyone but yourself.

www.3dgamers.com is a great site to find demos. they update their list a few times a day and you can find demos that came out today or 5 years ago.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
malik ross said:
i think people have this idea that everyone in the gaming industry is making money hand over fist and living like rock stars.
No one cares about them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yet you will steal from them....uhuh...

·
Registered
205 Posts
malik ross said:

its hardly the truth.
Not even close.

Unless you are a high ranking officer or developer, the dream of making good money in this industry is actually just that, a dream.

One could earn a nice $60,000 / yr job, but if they only are kept for 8 months and then fired, and can't find a job for half a year becaus the market is experiencing a drop in revenues due to VARIOUS Reasons, what's the point of making games? So that people will continue to steal from them?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I've never downloaded a full copy of a game in my life. Well, I lie, I downloaded a copy of a 15 year old game called "4d Sports Boxing" from some site that advertised it as free old software.

Other than that, I HATE people who download music without paying, download games without paying, and download movies without paying. Same goes for the people who buy burned copies of these things.

All that does is make the finished product more expensive for the end user who's NOT stealing it.

I'd LOVE for there to be some way to stop piracy altogether, so that I only have to pay $35 bucks for every new Xbox game I buy...instead of $50 for them.

If you download games, I hope something very bad involving fire happens to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts