Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm kinda in the market for some boots. I want basic. Not race boots. I have some Alpinestars for that. I want something more of an everyday thing, that I can wear into the stores and be comfortable.

I like two of the boots by a company called Nitro. One is the Matrix, and one is the Thunder Road.

Matrix is here

Thunder Road is here

Anyone have any experience with either of these boots, or this brand in general??

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
I have the Nitro Sport Boot and I like them pretty good. It had the protection features I was looking for at a good price. Also, they seem to fit wider than the Sidi's I had tried on. Damn Italians with their narrow ass feet. They broke in quickly and now are quite comfortable. I am trying to get my dad to buy the Touring boot. I would have gotten them, but they did not seem like they would be waterproof. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We have those boots here in the store. I truely can't comment on how comfertable they are or protection wise. We do sell alot of them but I think its due to the price point. They look and feel like they would protect more then a tennis shoe though.
Slava

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Piccolo said:
I have the Nitro Sport Boot and I like them pretty good. It had the protection features I was looking for at a good price. Also, they seem to fit wider than the Sidi's I had tried on. Damn Italians with their narrow ass feet. They broke in quickly and now are quite comfortable. I am trying to get my dad to buy the Touring boot. I would have gotten them, but they did not seem like they would be waterproof. Hope that helps.

Cool. Thanks man. That's what I was looking for. My Alpinestars are VERY tight on my feet. A bit uncomfortable even. They are plenty long enough, just not wide enough.

I guess I'll probably give them a try for a better than shoes, worse than high quality race boots type of thing.

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
No problem. I know I want to pick up a set of Vertabra 2 Air's, but the place that sold them near where I live went out of business, and with the fitment of those boots, I don't want to buy online with out trying them on first. It sounds like the Alpinestars fit in a similar way. Well, one day I'll have a good pair of boots.

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
anyone else? been thinking about a pair of nitro boots but i have heard things about poor workmanship...

·
Fool of the universe
1,311 Posts
mikeym said:
anyone else? been thinking about a pair of nitro boots but i have heard things about poor workmanship...
I have a pair of Matrix, and they do the job, but I am going to upgrade.

They have laces but they have a big velcro flap that goes over the tongue part so they wont be exposed. They are really comfortable but that is due mostly cause they are built like a normal shoe, they are easy to walk around in. However their protection could be slightly better, but they will do the job.

I had a buckle on one of the laces kind of pop out of the stitch but like I said the velcro flap keeps everything together. However, I am either aiming for a pair of setups or Oxtars.. got my eyes on em..

I am not sure my Matrix boot will last another riding season. We shall soon see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had them for a little over a year and I like them. Stiff as hell at first, but broke in quickly. Can't say that they would be as good in a crash as a more expensive boot (and hoping I never find out), but they are a lot better protection than jungle boots that wore previously. I bought them because of the price, and I'd do it again.

·
5,455 Posts
check out the Dennis Kirk outlet store thing, i just ordered a pair of Alpinestarts SMX3 gore tex boots for $106!!! (last years model, but who cares). can't wait till they show up at my door!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts