Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a picture of one in the newest Motorcyclist magazine.

Does anyone on this forum have one of these bikes?? They look wicked as hell...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I doubt anyone on this board has one. Those bikes are so badass, kinda like my hawk :) My dream garage would consist of an RC30, RC45, RC51, R7, 998R, 999R. All of them are proven race machines that happen to be beautiful bikes.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I wouldn't mind a NC30 or a NC35 myself.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are street legal machines, aren't they??

I looked them up on Kelly Blue Book...and even a 1990 model is still valued at almost $9,000 bucks. I looked on Ebay and there weren't any...however, there was a tail section for one...for almost $1,000 bucks itself...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes, I believe they are street legal. I've seen nice examples go upwards of at least $12k on ebay occasionally. They are getting more rare as each day goes by. I'm sure by now most of them are in the hands of collectors and a few are track bikes. I actually saw a picture of some guy wrecking his at a track, he tore off the steering head...I nearly cried. Anything and everything about that bike is beautiful. Oh yeah, NC30s are badass, they are basically 400cc RC30s. A bunch of the guys at bayarearidersforum.com has them. Definitely cheaper than getting a genuine RC30.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I doubt anyone on this board has one.
Well ....

My 1990 RC30. It's a driver and the cleanest rolling example I've ever seen. Took me 6 years to aquire it; I actually traded my street RC51 (tricked out with Ohlins/Marchisini/Moriwaki/CF components) for it. Yes, RC30's are completely road legal as they were sold by US Honda dealers in 1989/1990 as a 1990 model year machine.

I wouldn't mind a NC30 or a NC35 myself.
My most recent aquisition, a 1989 NC30. This one is going to be the death of me from a restoration standpoint. Parts are not available in the US and shipping from the UK is stupid expensive. I basically compare this bike to the heavy chick standing alone at the bar at 1:45am. Doesn't look too bad from 15 feet away but up close in bright daylight is a whole different matter. Technically, NC30's are not road legal as the lights are not DOT stamped and the bike was never sold in the United States.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Value

As for the cost of RC30's, neither Kelly or NADA accurately reflect the market value of the bike.

I've seen clean RC30's in original or 95% condition will run $13.5-$15k. Those that are not as clean go for $11-$12k easily.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^^^

Wow, that's pretty wicked man.

I LOVE those two bikes. The RC30 is now my new favorite bike!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
15k for a RC30 with a rebuilt motor, "touched up" paint and none of the original parts?

BWWWWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!

He obviously landed on his head before he broke his back.

·
Registered
842 Posts
whats a good price for one not "touched up" and an original motor? I would seriously like to have one from a collectors standpoint. You traded a pimped rc51 for one?

You had full ohlins suspension on that rc51? just wondering...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Trade

This is the RC51 that I traded for the RC30. I t wasn't a straight-up trade as I got a little cash back on the deal. The reality is that I came way out on top of the transaction. The seller had a garage full of bikes (including a Bimota SB6) and the RC30 just wasn't getting any seat time. I showed with cash to buy the bike but brought the RC51 along since he said ne might consider a trade. Once he test rode the RC51, I knew I had him. A couple hours of bargaining later and the RC30 was in the trailer headed back to Houston.

Ohlin forks/shock/damper, Mori exhaust/rearsets/radiator fins, QB Carbon hugger, Harris CF Fender, PCII, 02 Subframe and undertray, Marchisini forged wheels, HRC brake pads, Goodridge braided clutch and brake lines, UK tall OEM screen. I actually kept the Sargent saddle for my other RC51.

I've seen collector quality bikes go for 14.5k to 15k. There are some crate bikes still available but extremely rare.

Depending on the interest on EBay his RC30 would most likely go for 10.5k - 12k. He knows that his bike would never get 15k or he would have already thrown it up on EBay a long time ago.

If you are reallky serious aboutowning one you need to join the RC30 Owners Club on Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com). That's pretty much the definitive source for anything RC30 related.

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice bikes G-man, looks like you got a great deal.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
G-man, that RC51 is badass too.

I'd have a hard time deciding between the two...I love the RC51s, but I like "old school" bikes too, so I'd probably end up taking the RC30.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts