Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
You live on the base right? YOu can either get me on base or meet me somewhere close and I'll take a look. It sounds to me like someone screwed up when they tightened your rear axle up.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
evildead said:
You live on the base right? YOu can either get me on base or meet me somewhere close and I'll take a look. It sounds to me like someone screwed up when they tightened your rear axle up.
Hey man...I ripped that sucker right off last night in the middle of a wheelie...Any chance you wanna come on base and help me put a new one on this weekend? I got beer and food and I am fulla good jokes! :D

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
damn Gonz...so, um, I take it the bolts were tight huh? any chances they were misaligned?

·
Registered
918 Posts
GonZilla said:
Hey man...I ripped that sucker right off last night in the middle of a wheelie...Any chance you wanna come on base and help me put a new one on this weekend? I got beer and food and I am fulla good jokes! :D
I can probably make it out there on Saturday. I do no have a master link tool though. I have plenty of other tools though.

Give these guys a call, they might have what you need:

Bearing Belt Chain CO Inc
3501 Aldebaran Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702) 876-4225

From the base, take I-15 south to Spring Mountain. Head west. You'll see them on the north side of Spring Mountian. Big white building.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are kick ass...I have to buy a new chain and then Ill look into getting it put on. Have a guest in town this weekend, might get put off along with getting my Monte running...Dayum vehicles..

R1...Bolts are str8...First thing I checked when I went chain-less

·
Registered
765 Posts
If a business provides a service for you and you have problems afterward - TAKE IT BACK and have them correct the problem.

:eek: Why in god's name would you even attempt a wheelie or aggressive riding when you know you are having mechanical problems? You must say your prayers, because you are damn lucky the chain did not jam in the sprocket or wrap around the wheel and send you flying.

Why am I always amazed at some of the foolishness that goes on in the world? :cool:

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baldman said:
If a business provides a service for you and you have problems afterward - TAKE IT BACK and have them correct the problem.

:eek: Why in god's name would you even attempt a wheelie or aggressive riding when you know you are having mechanical problems? You must say your prayers, because you are damn lucky the chain did not jam in the sprocket or wrap around the wheel and send you flying.

Why am I always amazed at some of the foolishness that goes on in the world? :cool:

I had tighten my chain 3 miles prior to "attempting wheelies"...Axel was aligned and bike felt as good as it had in a long time...Wasnt foolishness, I dont think so anyways... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
GonZilla said:
I had tighten my chain 3 miles prior to "attempting wheelies"...Axel was aligned and bike felt as good as it had in a long time...Wasnt foolishness, I dont think so anyways... :rolleyes:
I dont mean to sound arrogant, but - was it not you that stated,
"The thing is, the back wheel keeps moving forward for whatever reason Im unsure of and makes my chain dangerously loose..."

AND

"I have to adjust my rear wheel about every 75-100 miles"

? :confused: Based on these statements, is it safe to assume you are having a mechanical failure that has not been resolved and could reoccur at any given moment - maybe even when you least expect?

Im not posting to argue with you. I am hoping you will see how your thoughts and actions do not corrspond together.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baldman said:
I dont mean to sound arrogant, but - was it not you that stated,
"The thing is, the back wheel keeps moving forward for whatever reason Im unsure of and makes my chain dangerously loose..."

AND

"I have to adjust my rear wheel about every 75-100 miles"

? :confused: Based on these statements, is it safe to assume you are having a mechanical failure that has not been resolved and could reoccur at any given moment - maybe even when you least expect?

Im not posting to argue with you. I am hoping you will see how your thoughts and actions do not corrspond together.
Understood...I see where you're coming from...However, after I tightened it before it snapped I had tightened up the chain, put some lock-nuts on and re-torqued everything...I wasnt planning on the chain coming loose or giving out...I "thought" I had my problem licked... :( Oh well, back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
765 Posts
GonZilla said:
Understood...I see where you're coming from...However, after I tightened it before it snapped I had tightened up the chain, put some lock-nuts on and re-torqued everything...I wasnt planning on the chain coming loose or giving out...I "thought" I had my problem licked... :( Oh well, back to the drawing board...
IMHO I would still take the thing back to the shop that installed the chain and have them correct whatever error they made (keeping you out of the liability factor). :)

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baldman said:
IMHO I would still take the thing back to the shop that installed the chain and have them correct whatever error they made (keeping you out of the liability factor). :)

Think it would be a problem with out the chain? Plus I just had tires mounted and balanced a week before...

·
Registered
765 Posts
GonZilla said:
Think it would be a problem with out the chain? Plus I just had tires mounted and balanced a week before...
Dohh!! In that case...I would be having a chat with the person(s) who installed the wheels back on your bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts