Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the wife one. From what I understand go 02 and newer because of sludge. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I cannot think of a compelling reason not to buy one if you're in the market for a mid-size luxury SUV. Unless I'm mistaken, the RX is based off of the ES fwd platform. It retains all of the characteristics that make the sedan a great luxury vehicle and adds the benefits of awd and a higher ride height. Buying used? Which generation?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it would be used. From what I see the 01 and earlier had the engine sludge problem, so it would be newer than that. I work at a dealership, so they can pretty much get me what I want @ auction for a good price. I really don't know that much about what generation had what changes. I imagine the newer the better, right?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You can get a new Honda EXL which to me is just as nice for 28-29 now new.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would be very carefull buying anything from an auto auction. My friends daughter bought a year old Neon that was a demo???, Turns out it had been sold several times at auction & had been wrecked. It did have a happy ending in that the dealer took it back for another car

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
f2benny said:
You can get a new Honda EXL which to me is just as nice for 28-29 now new.
A what? I'm assuming Pilot. For whatever reason, the wife didn't like it and I'm too tired of this whole process to try to convince her that it's a great vehicle.\

As far as the auction, I'm not worried, I have 24 hours to go over the car and then deceide. After 10 years as service and bodyshop manager I hope I can make a good call :eek:nfloor . Either that or I've been pissing my life away!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems, it is basically a Toyota anyway which means fairly good resale value and dependability.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My friends dad just picked up an 05 RX, they are very impressive cars. The comfort and gadgets inside is like no other car ive been in. I'd say go for it, they dont look half bad either!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts