Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a kawasaki ninja 500 and it doesn't have the lower fairing. Basically what I am trying to find out is if another ninjas fairing will fit the body lines and everything correctly(any of the ZX's or R's or EX's 250's included). That way if I find one that looks better and I know it fits I will go with that. But unfortunately I can't test those kinds of things without first buying it. Plus I am having a hard time locating a lower fairing/cowling that isn't wayyyyy overpriced. They go on ebay for well over $100 even if they are cracked to crap and busted. Or if you would know what would fit hey that would be great also.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Nothing off of the b***** ninja's will work, and it's doubtful that the 250 would come close either. NOTHING is interchangable (that I'm aware of) as the only thing they share in common is the "Ninja" name.

However, anything is possible. If I remember correctly, I saw a ZX2.5 some time ago (ex250 that had ZX6 bodywork/tank/etc on it). Sweet looking 250. Someone made it themself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cycle Salvage in greensboro might help you find your faring . I have gotten several parts from them and have allways been fair and good parts . Might look to aftermarket if you are not conserned with color match , not stock colored bike .

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm its called cycle salvage huh? I may have to look into that. Thanks guys. I haven't really found anything of any worth so far. All the fairings I have seen are going for ridiculouis amounts. There is one with a 4" gash not a crack but a gash and the guy wants like $75. Yeah not gonna happen. Then he wants like $30 to ship it. He can keep it as far as I am concerned. I have found a place where I can get a new fairing for like $159. If I have to I will go that route.

·
Banned
137 Posts
i gotta wrecked up 03 636 fairing in silver (it's most lower fairing banged up to hell.) prolly not worth your time but thought i might as well say something. you are more than welcome to test fit it out before you start a search.

mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have made 10 to 15 lower farings over the 4 years i raced a ex500-none of them were pretty but i was required by tech to have them. if looks are what you are going for by a new one.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I blew the engine...I have all kinds of parts...I have to wait though...Tony might want to buy it as is. I'll let ya know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts