Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a power commander 3 usb for my stock FZ (with the intent of getting some Devil pipes in the not to distant future....hopefully :cool: )

I installed the stock FZ6 map (410-001) from the powercommander site. The bike ran great if you were hammering on it midrange power was up and the top end was nicer too. I went out on a poker run with 100+ bikes so a lot of the riding for my saturday was 30-40mph range and the bike was running like crap. It felt like the motor was loading up and kicking every time I was on and off the throttle. I also went from my normal 180-190 before I hit trip F to 124 miles.

Does anyone have any maps for a stock FZ6 that are not quite so rich or should I just start tinkering on my own as I don't want to get it put on the dyno with the stock pipe if I am just going to replace it as soon as I get myself going enough to drop $750 on pipes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Start dropping the percentage(s) in the range you think is problematic. As long as you're at 0 or higher, you're not doing anything that is potentially dangerous to the bike.

Best thing is to get it dyno tuned, but if you know you're going to be doing an air filter, exhaust, etc., you're better off to wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts