Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded it today and it rocks! I will buy the CD when it comes out on 9/20/05 for sure!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yup heard it, its awesome and you should get the new DevilDriver one as well....metal domination this year

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xenohunter said:
sweet, i might pick this one up as well. Still waiting patiently on the new Tool.
My GOD! I can't stand the wait. I have a story about the day that the last Tool album was released. The date was May 14, 2001. My friend Steve and I had scored four tickets to the Tool concert (2 of which I had sold on ebay for $600) at the Tabernacle in Atlanta on May 15, 2001...the release date of Lateralus. We drove to Tower Records in Nashville around 10:00 PM and waited for midnight, so we could purchase the CD and begin our journey to Atlanta. Midnight rolled around, and we purchased the CD's...then drove to Atlanta. We arrived around 4:00 AM and were already feeling the electricity in the air. Around 11:00 AM, we checked into a motel within walking distance of the Tabernacle...we got stoned out of our minds and went to sleep. Around 4:00 PM, we woke up and had some dinner. We walked to the Tabernacle and the line was "LITERALLY" around the block. We waited in line for six hours...later, we found out that scalpers had been selling counterfeit tickets to the show, causing a delay in letting the fans into the venue. At 10:00 PM, we finally got inside the Tabernacle. The show was worth the wait...it was the first Tool show in almost three years, and I was there. I have seen Tool three times since that concert, but none of them can compare to that night in Atlanta at the Tabernacle...May 15, 2001.

PS - I hope that you were lucky enough to catch the show three days later in Detroit at the State Theater...

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
how dare anyone have either of CD's and not sent me a copy?

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...I downloaded the DevilDriver CD, "The Fury of Our Maker's Hand", and all I can say is what a bunch of noise. I have never been into the speedmetal/deathmetal scene, and now I know why. Dude sounds like he hacking up a hairball and the drummer seems to equate fast with good...not my style, but thanks for suggesting it...I guess. Now I need to excorcise my laptop! :twofinger

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
^^^ I guess we've been spoiled by tool! And all I can say is damn you're lucky to have seen them live, I however wish I could have. Maybe i'll have my chance when the new album comes out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I really like this new CD. Its kind of a cross between sickness and believe. I do think if you expect more than sickness you will be disappointed however if you like disturbed you will like Ten thousand fists!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts