Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a Blue Pit Male perferably. It does not have to be a Blue it can really be any with papers. Anyone breed them or know where to get them other than online?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I breed occasionally, just when I want of have some friends looking for pups. The best way to find someone in your area is internet, the local "trading post" or the paper. Once you find someone that has a litter on the ground, get in touch with them and go by to see the pups. When you are there try to see the parents and get a feel their attitudes.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
TDub_GSXR said:
$1150 for a pup? :lao

I gave 1250 for my shepherd pup. Father was an East German Police K9...mother was a Czech Police K9 and there are world champions on both sides. The parents were flown to the U.S. for this particular breeding. A good pup could run you upwards of $1k. I would suggest buying one from a known breeder or someone you know and be careful of puppy mills. A high majority of mills will breed dogs with shitty temperments. Take your time and look for a quality dog and don't rush into it. You are looking for a very powerful dog, treat the search like your next bike purchase.....do your homework on the breed, the pros and cons and what type of traininng you want it to have. Not saying you don't already was just throwing the info out there for anyone that wanted it. Good luck with your search!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
I gave 1250 for my shepherd pup. Father was an East German Police K9...mother was a Czech Police K9 and there are world champions on both sides. The parents were flown to the U.S. for this particular breeding. A good pup could run you upwards of $1k. I would suggest buying one from a known breeder or someone you know and be careful of puppy mills. A high majority of mills will breed dogs with shitty temperments. Take your time and look for a quality dog and don't rush into it. You are looking for a very powerful dog, treat the search like your next bike purchase.....do your homework on the breed, the pros and cons and what type of traininng you want it to have. Not saying you don't already was just throwing the info out there for anyone that wanted it. Good luck with your search!!
Good advice, and for a breeding like that I would expect to pay upwards of $1K or more. I payed that much for my female Pit, both parents were Grand Champions. But for most people they aren't looking to pay that kind of money.

Mr. Lesbian said:
I'm get a Doberman pup for $1500 (CDN Dollars). Both it's parents are purebred champions.

Never buy out of a newspaper or pet shop.
Pet shop I agree with, but newspaper would be fine if you do your homework.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Anyway, if you wanna get a little deeper in why I was laughing at $1250 (minimum) for those dogs, the only claim to fame is the breeder. He is a well know rapper, his dogs haven't done a damn thing. They have been bred for size and color, you guys seem pretty smart about dogs. What happens when you start breeding for one, two or maybe three traits?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
I'm getting a Doberman pup for $1500 (CDN Dollars). Both it's parents are purebred champions.

Never buy out of a newspaper or pet shop.
Be careful with those purebreds.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may be getting a tiger stripe pit of a lady I work with. It is already trained. It's good with small kids and good with other dogs. It's 2 years old. She said I could have it if the guy looking at her does not want her.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I wouldn't get a PITBULL from a shelter. Hell no. You don't know what kind of history it's got. A poodle or shitzu maybe, but then I'd have to kick my own ass.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
I wouldn't get a PITBULL from a shelter. Hell no. You don't know what kind of history it's got. A poodle or shitzu maybe, but then I'd have to kick my own ass.
Around here any Pitbull that goes to a shelter has to pass social tests. They test the dog for human aggresiveness, if it fails the dog is usually put down. They also test for animal agressiveness which sometimes can lead to the dog being put down too, depending on how it did in the previous tests.

·
Registered
743 Posts
dennisred69 said:
I may be getting a tiger stripe pit of a lady I work with. It is already trained. It's good with small kids and good with other dogs. It's 2 years old. She said I could have it if the guy looking at her does not want her.
I know you said male in a earlier post, but if you get a female she is going to get very attached to you. My male is my buddy, but my female will not let me out of her site when I am home. Even getting up to get a beer she follows me. Whatever you do I am sure you are going to be very happy with your new friend. :cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts