Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to change my tires on the F4i this weekend... I've got a rear stand, but not a front... Does anyone have a front stand I can borrow, or a creative idea on how to replace a front tire without one? I was thinking of hanging it off the rafters in my garage, but I'm thinking I'd have to tie off to the frame which would mean pulling the plastics (ie, more work and time than I want to spend if there's a better way).
any tips on tire changes are appreciated...
Thanks,

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just so happens I have one, and I'm going to guess it will work for your bike too Steve. Give me a buzz and let me know when you wana pick it up. I'm near 76th and Capitol drive. 414-617-3995

~Mike

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Steve, I've got one if you want to borrow it but I would need it back by next week Wednesday night (by Thursday morning).

Who's changing your tires for you? If it's someplace near, we could do something so that you could bring your bike and rear stand over to my place and set you up in my garage and go from there.

Just thowing an idea out...let me know!

Otherwise, hang it from the rafters. I know lots of people that have done that...they've just rigged something up to wrap a tiewrap or a rope around the triple tree.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Paladine!!!! It's been a while! I got your message after that evening we passed on 45 and I've been meaning to call ya back... What's up?
When's a good time to swing out and pick up the stand?

Moses...
Thanks man, depending on Paladine's schedule, I may just borrow his since he's closer to my neck of the woods... If we have a hard time setting something up, I'll give you a call. Either way I am hoping to do this over the weekend, so I'd be able to get the stand back to you on Monday or Tuesday if that works.

I actually picked up a used set of rims with some D207s that have a reasonable amount of life for the next few months, so I'll just be pulling off mine and replacing the whole works witht he one's I picked up.... This should also eliminate my tendency to put off new rubber 'till my belts are showing since I can get the "standby" rims set up with new tires whenever I find a deal, and let them sit in the garage ready to go when the current ones get bad. Now I got to keep my eye out for a deal on some new Mezters for the spare rims (I loved those things)

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
SqwaMaster said:
Hey Paladine!!!! It's been a while! I got your message after that evening we passed on 45 and I've been meaning to call ya back... What's up?
When's a good time to swing out and pick up the stand?

Moses...
Thanks man, depending on Paladine's schedule, I may just borrow his since he's closer to my neck of the woods... If we have a hard time setting something up, I'll give you a call. Either way I am hoping to do this over the weekend, so I'd be able to get the stand back to you on Monday or Tuesday if that works.

I actually picked up a used set of rims with some D207s that have a reasonable amount of life for the next few months, so I'll just be pulling off mine and replacing the whole works witht he one's I picked up.... This should also eliminate my tendency to put off new rubber 'till my belts are showing since I can get the "standby" rims set up with new tires whenever I find a deal, and let them sit in the garage ready to go when the current ones get bad. Now I got to keep my eye out for a deal on some new Mezters for the spare rims (I loved those things)
I'm glad this is working out for you because I have to take back my offer because my new Power Commander came in this afternoon so I started to move everything that I will need, in addition to the stands, to the garage that I'm going to be doing all of the work...

I can't wait until next weekend is over...gotta tear down the bike to install:

K&N air filter
Galfer SS brake lines
LED resistors
new Power Commander
oil change
other various little things

So that means no riding for me until at least Sunday at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Moses said:
I'm glad this is working out for you because I have to take back my offer because my new Power Commander came in this afternoon so I started to move everything that I will need, in addition to the stands, to the garage that I'm going to be doing all of the work...

I can't wait until next weekend is over...gotta tear down the bike to install:

K&N air filter
Galfer SS brake lines
LED resistors
new Power Commander
oil change
other various little things

So that means no riding for me until at least Sunday at the earliest.
Didn't you already have a Power Commander on there Brian?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Steve, you can pick it up from my place tomorrow anytime in the afternoon is fine, or sunday works too. Whatever you do just give me a buzz 1st so I can tell all the honiez to put some clothes on ;-)

~Mike

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
paladinew said:
Steve, you can pick it up from my place tomorrow anytime in the afternoon is fine, or sunday works too. Whatever you do just give me a buzz 1st so I can tell all the honiez to put some clothes on ;-)

~Mike
Mike Smelly padine Pu, where you been bitch?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Mike Smelly padine Pu, where you been bitch?
Well the weathers been so shitty for the past several wednesdays, except this wed I had tickets to nickleback and 3 doors down, awesome show btw.

<arnold voice> I'll be back! </arnold>

You a little drunk there Joker ???

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Jake said:
Didn't you already have a Power Commander on there Brian?
I currently have a version 1. The first version was found to have isolation problems and they changed the type of connection to the TPS sensor.

Like clockwork, all of the version 1 Power Commander IIIusb's began to have problems...around the 1000 to 1500 mile range. At low idle the bike would just stall. To get it restarted you would have to cycle the kill switch and then it would start right up. I once had it die on me while going around that left hand turn right in front of the War Memorial downtown. Scared the shit out of me and Dwaine was riding right behind me when it happened.

As of yet, anyone with a version 2 hasn't had any problems...knock on wood because it's a pain in the ass to have to take almost all of the plastics off to install the thing.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Moses said:
I currently have a version 1. The first version was found to have isolation problems and they changed the type of connection to the TPS sensor.

Like clockwork, all of the version 1 Power Commander IIIusb's began to have problems...around the 1000 to 1500 mile range. At low idle the bike would just stall. To get it restarted you would have to cycle the kill switch and then it would start right up. I once had it die on me while going around that left hand turn right in front of the War Memorial downtown. Scared the shit out of me and Dwaine was riding right behind me when it happened.

As of yet, anyone with a version 2 hasn't had any problems...knock on wood because it's a pain in the ass to have to take almost all of the plastics off to install the thing.
Well that's nice. I hope that Dyno Jet is reimbursing you your money.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
paladinew said:
Well the weathers been so shitty for the past several wednesdays, except this wed I had tickets to nickleback and 3 doors down, awesome show btw.

<arnold voice> I'll be back! </arnold>

You a little drunk there Joker ???
Yes I was :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all that offered thier stands.... greatly appreciated.
I have a rear stand so I went ahead and switched out the back wheel first and then thought I'd poke around the garage for a quick way to hoist the front end to save myself a trip out to borrow a stand.... about 5 minutes later I had the bike hanging from my rafters and twenty minutes after that I was out for a quick ride to check out the new tires & rims (used actually, but new to me). I've got a bit of a lean to the right when I take my hands off the bars. my first guess was the back wheel may have been a bit cocked after chain adjustment, but the the adjusters on each side seem to line up perfectly... I'll have to investigate further when I get a chance, but for now at least I'm up on two wheels without steel belts rolling down the street. The lean is not noticable except with no hands on the bars, but it drives me nuts that the thing is not perfectly ballanced, as it's always been straight as an arrow before the new/used rims were installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts