Sport Bikes banner

Anyone got a corbin for the FZ6 for sale?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rennsport 
#1 ·
If anyone is getting rid of their FZ6 or selling their Corbin, I would like to buy one. Let me know. Email, PM, or IM me.

#3 ·
You want one formed to someone elses ass?

#6 ·
jbright44 said:
Why do you want your money back?
At this point I'm less then impressed with the whole company. I'm going to give them a chance to redeem themselves though.....they better work hard.
Mainly the seat just didn't fit the bike. But to add to the whole mess, they are extremely disorganized and there customer service bites!

#8 ·
Corbin seat not for the inseam challenged.

Let me add that they also give conflicting information. If you are a shorty looking to drop some height from your seat by dumping your stock seat and getting a Corbin, take note: The stock seat actually sits lower than the Corbin. When I noticed this, I asked about using my stock pan instead and the answer they gave me was "we can't do that" for all kinds of reasons but mainly seat warranty issues. So I got the Corbin and had them put minimal padding in the areas that affected my ground touching ability. Now I'm paying for it with a rock hard seat that demands relief after less 100 miles. Meanwhile, my friend who bought the slower silver FZ6 (and has an even lower inseam than mine), went down to Corbin, did the sit test with her stock pan vs the Corbin pan and was ready to walk due to the obvious difference btw the 2 pans when they magically offered to build her a Corbin using her stock pan. You guessed it. Her seat is waaaaaay comfier than mine. I tried to discuss the issue with their customer support people on the phone but they are insisting that I return to the factory and hash it out with the seat builders directly. I did get a pair of boots from Helimot in San Jose that gives me some added leg reach so I will try to have some padding put back in the seat to see if that does the trick. Unfortunately, like an idiot :bitchslap , I let them throw away the stock seat due to my short-sightedness and lack of desire to carry the seat home on my bike or pay for shipping it back to my house. Aesthetically, it is a definite improvement over the stock seat. At this point, however, ugly but comfortable sounds good to me. I will be going back down to Corbin next week so I will definitely post a follow-up when able.

#9 · (Edited)
Forget Corbin, they are NOT the only game in town. Call/email Erston. He'll set you up with the right people in your area so you can get a proper fitting.

[Edit] And he's got a lot of experience fitting seats for shorter riders. He knows what the issues and solutions are. www.erston.com [/EDIT]

#10 ·
I ordered my seat from corbin 1 week ago Don from florida called and needed more info. He called again a few days later and apoligized for not asking in the first call. He then put a rush on my order and it will be here in 2 days acording to UPS. I feel like the service was great.

#11 ·
Binary Jay said:
You want one formed to someone elses ass?
I like corbin seats. I have had two of them on other bikres but, I have yet to see one that was customized to a paricular a$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.