Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get the website. I'm looking at their JT steel rear sprockets (49 teeth) but there's about 10 JT rear sprockets with 49 teeth. And it says "Indicate bike model make and year"... next to all of them. So i finally found the damn part # and found the right one.

Now, i added it to my cart.. but i was kind of hesitant. Is this place a scam or something? My total came out to $26.50 (before taxes and shipping). Doesn't that seem a little cheap for JT steel rear sprockets? I mean, ALL of the JT steel rear sprockets were in like $18, $25, $29.. and the highest i've seen was like $30. The OEM Yamaha parts rear sprockets werein the 60's and 70's. Kind of weird.

I've read somewhere that some people were offered bad service by parts411.com but as long as I can get my rear sprockets without defect and for $26.50, I'm happy. Thanks

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
I've bought from them before, and would do it again. Their prices are very good. Their website isn't as good as it could be, but if you know what you're looking for you can find it.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Ive ordered from them once. Great prices, but instead, I talked to someone over the phone. It's more personally and the chance of the order getting mixed up is less likely. Don't be afraid to talk, especially in this age of online ordering.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I will NEVER buy from them again. I spent $50 on a few pieces of carbon fiber. They sent one piece, the other was backordered, and one was for a completely different make and model motorcycle.

And when I called to sort out the mess, they told me that the website had the wrong part number on it and they wouldn't even ship out the correct one without receiving the wrong one first.

Website is pretty chincy which was indicative of the level of customer service I received. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SHOPPING SOMEWHERE ELSE if you don't want a problem. I'll document my claims if you wish.

I'm fortunate that my order was only for a tad over $50. If this were a $500 order I would be much more irate.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.. sorry to hear about your experience. I knew i saw a thread somewhere saying that parts411 customer service was bad and all that. But, I guess if the rear steel sprockets cost $26.50... i'll take that chance i guess.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have ordered tires from them. They had good prices. I didn't have any trouble so I didn't deal with thier customer service.

I would NOT buy apparel form then though. Their exchange policy is crap and could get expensive. Thats a shame because they are the only store to still have Firstgear Ht Sport pants, which I would be interested in.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've ordered tires and tire irons from them. I do have to admit their website is crap, the site looks like it was made when the internet first come out. They can't even show actual photos of the parts they sell, a lot of the parts have "Call for the lowest price" and when you call they are like those parts shouldn't say that...So put simply... good prices, nasty website, don't order apparel from them. Also I had a problem with them not letting me know when my order had shipped out, they are supposed to send you a e-mail, I never received it and never received no reply from the message I sent to them asking about my package. I finally had to call them and ask them what was going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts