Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The riding season doesn't have to end in September or whenever people hibernate for the season. Even in the arctic north you can still get out a few days a month. ImageUploadedByMO Free1420106383.739947.jpg

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I'm going out at first light. Got my heated gear all ready. Not quite in the arctic north like you but we were at 17 degrees in the mountains at work yesterday and it feels the same today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still use my steel horse as a daily driver unless it's raining.. Granted i'm from Mississippi and the coldest it's been all year is the high 30s.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
50 is about my limit. I've ridden while it's snowing and it's just not much fun for me. Going to be 60 with showers tomorrow, can't wait to get out again

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I rode the Saturday after Christmas. It was in the 50's, dry, and not very windy, just inside my limit. It's supposed to be in the 60's here tomorrow, but with rain. If we manage to not get any rain, I'll go out. I like riding in the rain if it's in the 80's or 90's. Anything colder than that and it's more misery than it's worth, esp considering I don't own any rain gear or winter gear (except some underarmor and a Schampa warmskin skinny shirt).

Crazy weather, it was in the 30's today, high of 60ish tomorrow, and then by Wednesday the low is supposed to be in the single digits.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This season was the first time I used a heated jacket. Before, I only had heated gloves. With the jacket, I'm super comfortable down into the 20's. If it's 35 now, I'm perfectly ok to ride. I mean, I'm not hitting up any Twisties or anything, but I can do some cruising.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
This season was the first time I used a heated jacket. Before, I only had heated gloves. With the jacket, I'm super comfortable down into the 20's. If it's 35 now, I'm perfectly ok to ride. I mean, I'm not hitting up any Twisties or anything, but I can do some cruising.

I can't imagine what your roads must look like. I have a black truck, and it stays solid grey from all the salt and road grime, no matter how often I wash it, and I'm south of you.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I put about 125 miles on my bike today. It started out about 40 F when I started, but got up to low 60's before I finished this afternoon

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I don't ride anymore unless it's at least 50 degrees. My aching old body just can't handle the cold like it use to.

Reactions: acalliste

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I'd have gotten the Goldwing out over the weekend but its a bitch to resuscitate and still needs its speedometer fixed.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I've never let a little bit of cold stop me from riding...

(in degrees Fahrenheit)

At these temps, it's all about proper gear, not about toughness. Good heated gear can make a subzero commute downright pleasant, believe it or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts