Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else is using Scott's stainless steel oil filters. I got mine for $110 from hardracing.com and the quality is exceptional!! :banana :cheers Easy to use and cleans up like a snap. Also helps that at each oil change you can see what your filter has trapped. Next best thing to seeing your spark plugs at every oil change I imagine.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?? Wow, I thought I'd find a bunch of you guys into this mod. I like it, plus the peace of mind knowing I have top notch filtration to go with top-grade oil is very comforting!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I use K&N, 110 bucks is over three years of replaceable filters for me. And I doubt the element in there will really last forever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please keep us posted, i as well saw that but didnt want to take the risk of losing out my money, and i didnt know anyone who has tryed it either, but it will pay for it self even if its three years or more as long as it keep it form and filtaration, do they offer a warranty for replacement if any thing should happen to it....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have one on the 929 which is now installed on the 1000rr. I like it, no complaints from me. It's very sold, I wouldn't worry about it wearing out ever.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it is re-usable. Just wash it out with either mineral spirits or warm soapy water. Depending on how often you change your oil, it pays for itself very quickly. I change my oil every 1500-2000 miles, so it is a bargain. And the build quality is absolutely first-class. It is used by a lot of race teams, both 2 & 4 wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts